joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SREF mean for CLT now down to 3.5 inches. Looking closer to the distributions there are two groupings. One centered around 2in and another grouped around 6. So it looks like we have a lot of members disagreeing with each other. I assume the ones around the 2in mark are the members taking the surface low much further north. 

Yes, as usual, Charlotte  could be the dividing line once again.  Love the amt of precip it spits out, however.

The old saying that those with the most snow will be able to hear the rain might apply in this one.  

The only thing I care about is where the sleet band sets up :) Ya'll can have the snow, if I can just get some sleet on the ground.  I can deal with rain/sleet, or snow/sleet, but all rain or all snow would be disappointing... with all rain being more so, or course, and by a huge margin,  lol.  But may be more likely unless this goes south just a bit.  T

The only thing I care about is where the sleet band sets up :) Ya'll can have the snow, if I can just get some sleet on the ground.  I can deal with rain/sleet, or snow/sleet, but all rain or all snow would be disappointing... with all rain being more so, or course, and by a huge margin,  lol.  But may be more likely unless this goes south just a bit.  T

The sleet band appears to be very narrow around Atlanta. I think you and I will remain all rain, unfortunately, for the majority if not entirety of the event. So close, again, though. I would hope for wrap around if it sets up that way. I think that is why some of the models show small accumulations this far south.

The sleet band appears to be very narrow around Atlanta. I think you and I will remain all rain, unfortunately, for the majority if not entirety of the event. So close, again, though. I would hope for wrap around if it sets up that way. I think that is why some of the models show small accumulations this far south.

Well, Spann gave you some love with the WSW, but jumped around my county completely, lol.  Fortunately mother nature doesn't pay attention to arbitrary lines drawn by humans as completely as the humans do :)

Why are you worried about temps when the 850 line is down to 85? You are above 85 right?

Temps have proven this week that they will come in lower than expected. Too much worrying over computer data...no offense to the incredible met geeks!!

This has the classic makings of an I-85 special! And by that I would include points south like Birmingham/Athens/Anderson/Fountain Inn/Rock Hill/Raleigh

Bullseye to me seems to be just Gainesville, GA - Greenville, SC - Charlotte, NC

Temps have proven this week that they will come in lower than expected. Too much worrying over computer data...no offense to the incredible met geeks!!

This has the classic makings of an I-85 special! And by that I would include points south like Birmingham/Athens/Anderson/Fountain Inn/Rock Hill/Raleigh

Bullseye to me seems to be just Gainesville, GA - Greenville, SC - Charlotte, NC

I have to agree. I think that line north of 85 will see 5+

Archived