SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 25-26 Discussion/pbp

Wow

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it would be more too, but it's like 30 miles from .75".  I think the over-running will over-perform and get a little further north, IMO, I am just not sure how far west the coastal, once off the SE coast will throw snow back.

Considering how fast this sucker is moving I shouldn't be surprised.  That may be just about right.  We'll see.

we got 4. It just stopped snowing a few minutes ago and the sun came out. Believe it or not up to 33 now.

What model are you leaning towards, or which blend?

Awesome! I'm in the less amped camp. Pretty much everything but the NAM/SREF. RGEM probably overdone. Solid 4-6" NGA.

someone change the name of the thread, TWC just named our storm "Winter Storm Remus".

in other news...i agree that rdu looks good for .5"-.75" qpf, with the chance of locally higher amts.  a solid snow storm.

Darn! I was hping for "Winter Storm Ro-Revus" ... there are probably about 3 folks on here who grew up in SC that MIGHT understand that.

Huntsville just issued warnings for 3-5" and 4-6" with highest amounts south. I still think FFC will call for 2-4 for the immediate metro with maybe 4-6 up in the mountains.

2-4" with isolated pockets of 4+, esp North and West.  I wouldn't expect to see any amounts south of I-20 over 3", especially east of town.

WPC has me with 6", but I really think that's a little too high.  I'd expect nothing more than 4".

someone change the name of the thread, TWC just named our storm "Winter Storm Remus".

in other news...i agree that rdu looks good for .5"-.75" qpf, with the chance of locally higher amts.  a solid snow storm.

HA HA HA HA  I think they might have named this one from wishful thinking.......on all of our parts. Should have been spelled reamus.

The euro had .03 for raleigh on todays storm up until last night from which it went up to around .2 or so if i remember. So I honestly wouldn't read too much into these qpf outputs until tomorrow afternoon if you're in NC. At that point it's almost obvious anyway w/ radar.

Members don't let members watch TWC

Members don't let members watch TWC

I never watch TWC anymore except when they are in storm mode, and then they are about as good as anybody else, I mean that's covering such a wide area. They certainly are right in line with our local mets and NWS on this storm.

The euro had .03 for raleigh on todays storm up until last night from which it went up to around .2 or so if i remember. So I honestly wouldn't read too much into these qpf outputs until tomorrow afternoon if you're in NC. At that point it's almost obvious anyway w/ radar.

If I remember right EURO QPF has underperformed a few precipitation events here this winter.

The northwestern burbs of ATL might get buried, we are so close to the transition line.  Either paste job crushing or boatload of fail.   Leaning towards crush job.

Totally

We are walking that fine line.   Who ever ends up just in the all snow zone close to the transition zone will jackpot.  That said if I have to drive 20 miles north to see that I will.   I'm thinking we will be good where we are at though.  As Cheez said north 285 seems to be good.  

I hear a lot of you guys talking about Andy Wood on here. I know him pretty well. Right now he is talking about 2-6" for the following areas: northern AL, northern GA, upstate SC, western NC, southern TN.

Where is Andy now? I really miss him on Fox 21. Never heard where he went.

in other news...i agree that rdu looks good for .5"-.75" qpf, with the chance of locally higher amts. a solid snow storm.

I think so, too. The GFS is all alone while everything else has .50 or more of precip. If we get more Like the NAM then watch out!

The northwestern burbs of ATL might get buried, we are so close to the transition line.  Either paste job crushing or boatload of fail.   Leaning towards crush job.

It'll be a crazy gradient.  I'm hoping that along & north of I-20 holds serve.  I think there will be enough dynamic cooling to get some chicken feather type snowflakes.

I agree 100%, too many people putting too much stock into the actual model qpf totals right now. I still thing there is time for a ~50 mile or so jog of the heaviest precip to shift NW, and also PLENTY of time for the precip shield to expand NW. I think tomorrow's 12z runs should have a firm hold on the totals and no one should have a meltdown or a party until then.

Archived