joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th-17th Obs & Nowcasting

nj2va

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice...I don't really pay attention outside DC...not because I don't care...I do, but I am juggling too many things when a storm is underway, and I am not as comfortable commenting on other areas without doing my due diligence 1st and it takes too much time.  I have focused on DC the whole way through, so it is much easier for me to make a snap post about DC, and be accurate.

Yeah. Well I wasnt accurate and had to adjust my post. I did gain a substantial amount of QPF though. It is still a 6-10 event for all of NOVA and DC. You cant really ask for more than that. I have plenty of cold beer at home to consume and watch the snow fall tonight.

Given what has unfolded thus far...I think the drier solutions can be ruled out. Weak high moving away and therefore dry northerly flow veering around while the column moistens. There is nothing to reinforce the dry air.

Exactly what everyone here wanted to hear. Fun times ahead!

Yeah. Well I wasnt accurate and had to adjust my post. I did gain a substantial amount of QPF though. It is still a 6-10 event for all of NOVA and DC. You cant really ask for more than that. I have plenty of cold beer at home to consume and watch the snow fall tonight.

I'd like to have one with you if I didn't have to work. ;-)

ouch :(

not trying to be condescending, but as long as you get enough to cover your lawn and have your kid play in it and have it look pretty, amounts are really about stats and ego.  In the real world 3" vs 6" isn't that big of a deal.  Weenies just happen to be obsessed with winning and stats padding.  

water vapor imagery looks better than i thought it would: http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/flash-wv.html

The fetch is all the way from Baja and below.  Impressive.    Temp dropped from 16 to 14 since the onset.  Flakes gradually getting bigger and driveway is white, but still probably sn- here, almost sn.

Archived