• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Valentine's Day Massacre Obs--A snow job or does it only blow?

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its pretty clear that the western side of the warnings will fall a bit short. Central and eastern areas will verify nicely so some of us are not being Debbies back this way, just realistic. The posters who were jumping yesterday out in eastern mass were really the debbies in this situation.

It'll be close up here.  We had 5" as of 6:00a.m., and it's been snowing ever since.  Now that the wind's picked up, I don't think I'll be able to get an accurate measurement.  So officially based on what I report I could end up being short, though in actuality I might exceed 6".

Matching the midnlight low now.  Anemometer definitely not recording properly.  So, I'll describe it as very brisk.  :)

10.0/

Storm total 1.5", with current radar offering no promise of more than some flurries. Windy but gusts topping in 20s, though forecast still includes gusts to twice that and bliz warning thru tomorrow morning. GFS had AUG qpf over 1" then dropped to under 1/2" last evening. I've gotten 0.10". Except for coastal York County (and probably Coastal Wash.), this storm went poof! and disappeared in NNE. GYX discussion late yesterday noted 3 separate areas of LP in the GOM. Wonder if all the bombo happened at the one farthest SE, which then took off toward Spain.

There was actually some MUCAPE in the sounding, and with those lapse rates there was absolutely a MAUL.

No wonder the skies lit up with lightning around there. It's almost like the perfect vicinity sounding for thundersnow.

we posted MU cape maps last night. I am pleased with this morning, holy crap. Wind is starting to crank

It never looked great out this way but I'll easily have the 4-6" BOX was calling for in Greenfield. I'm surprised we're in moderate snow right now with some heavier bands just E and W.

Yup.  Did you get a measurement?

winds are really ripping here now and the rate of temp drop has accelerated with the wind shift.

9.7/7

It'll be close up here. We had 5" as of 6:00a.m., and it's been snowing ever since. Now that the wind's picked up, I don't think I'll be able to get an accurate measurement. So officially based on what I report I could end up being short, though in actuality I might exceed 6".

Matching the midnlight low now. Anemometer definitely not recording properly. So, I'll describe it as very brisk. :)

10.0/

It will be close. I have 4.3. Overall a good forecast by Taunton. The warning did specify 4-8. The upgraded GFS stole the show from ORH east.

Some breaks in clouds with blue sky. Cant remember such a huge bust

If this hadn't been such a great stretch, I'd be crying in my Cheerios right now. From 14-18" with blizzard conditions to flurries and sunshine. We at least got into that band last night which gave us 5-6", but I had to do a double-take when I looked out this morning and saw that we hadn't gotten any more. Looking forward to the post mortem.

Looks to me like ri is leaving the party soon with no reentry. Still snowing, but visibilities way up in Newport. Easy 3 inches in that punch this morning. The wind is increasing for sure, but it won't be enough to verify a blizzard here I don't think, same for all if the western areas they added later on. Our total will be perhaps 7 inches. I'll take it! But I wouldn't mind one last band either.

If this hadn't been such a great stretch, I'd be crying in my Cheerios right now. From 14-18" with blizzard conditions to flurries and sunshine. We at least got into that band last night which gave us 5-6", but I had to do a double-take when I looked out this morning and saw that we hadn't gotten any more. Looking forward to the post mortem.

I'm in Kennebunk, so what - maybe 15 miles from you? We are BURIED. Easily 18" at least out there.

Archived