joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my call, but I don't think that is over-the-top at all.......even just .4"-.6" QPF with greater than 10:1...I don't think that is too "bullish"...

The trends on the short term guidance lead me to believe we are gonna get smoked at some point after 06z.

That solution just makes more sense to me synoptically. We will see...don't have to wait long.

In the meantime...this afternoon could be an over performer before the lull

who besided the poster spewing bad analysis is Basing forecasts only off a couple 12z models?

I'm not sure who you are talking about as most of the analysis seems fine in here.

I guess I'd lean towards using the most recent model guidance over previous runs, so the 12z runs to me would be of some importance.  I still think most of eastern New England east of 395/495 get into warning snows with even 0.4" of QPF.  The issue will be further west. 

The issue will be further west into central areas, if the RGEM/GGEM/EURO/UKMET are right, not much falls past this afternoon/evening west of ORH/IJD.

I'm not sure who you are talking about as most of the analysis seems fine in here.

I guess I'd lean towards using the most recent model guidance over previous runs, so the 12z runs to me would be of some importance. I still think most of eastern New England east of 395/495 get into warning snows with even 0.4" of QPF. The issue will be further west.

The issue will be further west into central areas, if the RGEM/GGEM/EURO/UKMET are right, not much falls past this afternoon/evening west of ORH/IJD.

Have you looked at any short term stuff? If so you'd see something entirely different

What's interesting is that NAVGEM model is still TROWALing all the way back W. of Albany, and suggests a solid 9 to 12 hours of hammering in high winds for everyone...  This is of the utmost extreme solutions I have seen, but I recall commenting with Will that it was doing that on the 12z guidance yesterday.  It did so on the 00z run, too.. Now this:

f24.gif

Archived