joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The board is currently under the remote mind control of Clinch Leatherwood and his  100's of posts . His attitude toward the storm is very negative, but at the same time sees 8-12 w ratio's. So I mean it's a bit of a oxy-moron because I don't think anyone is forecasting 15" for Boston or expecting it. But his  "mind set" has cast a turd over the board's mood . I think 12"+ is still on the Table For E Mass, especially Essex county the further NE one goes.  it's just not likely but I don't know if anyone would be shocked if BOSTON got a foot, mildly surprised yes.

I wouldn't be shocked either, but a lot of forecasts out there have over 12" for the city. I don't think it's the most likely scenario. I hate hanging my hat on ratios with winds progged to be so strong. Even if only 8-10" falls some weenie will measure a drift of 14" and BOX can verify the forecast. ;)

My facebook call stays the same for all my inner circle of friends who ask me for opinions. 4-6 here in the Hartford Springfield area, 6-9 in Eastern CT. As bad as some of the qpf looks, I will stay the course based on good snow growth, ratios and a favorable ULL track.

Not quite sure what you're are looking at. I think this is trending very good for us back here. It will be fun to watch it unfold

AS long as he's not pulling a repeat of the poster who had the 12z euro massacre PBP yesterday.

It's a general 6-12 for E Mass but not far off from more if the WAA stuff trends a bit better tonight. It's a pretty solid trend in backing up the CCB into eastern mass as well over it's earlier runs.

wut,apparently you think I am a Jp ho,said all along and will tell you again, this storm ain't about big snow and if he thinks 1-3 good for him. He didn't feel the last 18 inches of snow you got either,let's not overlook that or the fact RGEM totally missed wrap around Blizzard 1, he said blizzard warnings should come down post haste, let's see how that plays out.

There are about 25 full time stations covered by the blizzard warning.  If 1/10th of them verify a blizzard I'll buy you a new Davis weather station that sounds an alarm the next time a 498 moves overhead.

The board is currently under the remote mind control of Clinch Leatherwood and his  100's of posts . His attitude toward the storm is very negative, but at the same time sees 8-12 w ratio's. So I mean it's a bit of a oxy-moron because I don't think anyone is forecasting 15" for Boston or expecting it. But his  "mind set" has cast a turd over the board's mood . I think 12"+ is still on the Table For E Mass, especially Essex county the further NE one goes.  it's just not likely but I don't know if anyone would be shocked if BOSTON got a foot, mildly surprised yes.

I've pretty much been consistent in expecting about .4 to .7 in EMA.   That won't stop someone from measuring 20" because they've been bombarded with 12-18" totals for two days on TV, radio, social media etc.   There are no parking spots at any of the stores, shelves bare.  Hype in full swing, life threatening storm about to commence. 

There are about 25 full time stations covered by the blizzard warning. If 1/10th of them verify a blizzard I'll buy you a new Davis weather station that sounds an alarm the next time a 498 moves overhead.

I've pretty much been consistent in expecting about .4 to .7 in EMA. That won't stop someone from measuring 20" because they've been bombarded with 12-18" totals for two days on TV, radio, social media etc. There are no parking spots at any of the stores, shelves bare. Hype in full swing, life threatening storm about to commence.

2.5 stations, how can that be? Also verified 3 hr under a quarter, holding you to it.

wut,apparently you think I am a Jp ho,said all along and will tell you again, this storm ain't about big snow and if he thinks 1-3 good for him. He didn't feel the last 18 inches of snow you got either,let's not overlook that or the fact RGEM totally missed wrap around Blizzard 1, he said blizzard warnings should come down post haste, let's see how that plays out.

Let's see how this quote plays out, too:

"This was an obvious non-blizzard for more than 24 hours.  Lot of pissed off people in EMA come tomorrow."

It actually is life threatening clinch. If people lose power with temperatures that cold or if someone gets stuck outdoors it's life threatening. We had an event in early march 2005 when a cold wind morphed into a hellacious CCB with viciously cold temps that dumped a quick 6 imby. I was out and walking when I realized I was taking my life in my hands. It was a little scary. And we didn't already have feet on the ground.

It actually is life threatening clinch. If people lose power with temperatures that cold or if someone gets stuck outdoors it's life threatening. We had an event in early march 2005 when a cold wind morphed into a hellacious CCB with viciously cold temps that dumped a quick 6 imby. I was out and walking when I realized I was taking my life in my hands. It was a little scary. And we didn't already have feet on the ground.

I really don't get clinch, it's ok to go over models and share his thoughts but to try and say this is no big deal with 40-50 mph winds and -30 wind chills and already strained infrastructure, I don't  know.

He likes taking radical viewpoints pre storm and then standing by them. He's trying to prove his point

well I applaud him for standing by his viewpoints, but you have to consider other factors already at play, not just weather models, but what is happening outside.  Anyway I'm going to enjoy the storm, 4-6" or 10-14" should be fun to track.

He likes taking radical viewpoints pre storm and then standing by them. He's trying to prove his point

If he had to take Harvey's place on 5 tonight, would he stick to his guns and take down the blizzard warnings, lower the snow amounts, and basically say this is a minor event in terms of what we have gone through the last several weeks?

Archived