joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been from the get go not about epic snow totals,don't know if some expected 14-18 in Plymouth Mass but they sure as hell are going to know they are in the teeth of a beast. 2 New so far

It's windy all the time here, most will think it busted if they don't get big snow totals.  A frog farts on the ocean and it gusts to 30.  It's about the snow, and the roads.

I'm presuming numbers have to have Harvey's approval.

I think they will make a shift downward later,  and they will say they expect the storm to get going a bit later and we "appear to have dodged" a bullet. Thou it could be "close".

Reason being..... no modeling supports  Harv's 5-10" + call in the A.M anymore,  unless of course he is forecasting going by climo of 5H closed low going under us and favorable mid level tracks and I surely wouldn't be silly enough to question him if he did that.

I'm holding on to my weenie hope that the mid levels bomb between 6z and 12z down to about 258DM at 12z and  we get a tuck. Do I believe this....no.

Honestly, at this stage....all the OCD RE meso models drives me nuts...yes, I realize its a wx board, so it is not wrong...my problem, I know.

But at this point, I just assume look out the window, take a walk down the street, and check out RAD and SAT loops.

Just me, but the whole the whole "3:35pm run of the  RHFYAK model has backed off of the 3:17pm run, but it still heavier than the HYYSI model, which has gotten heavier since its last run 20 minutes ago". We'll see what it has on the next run in 10 minutes".

Again, just me....not telling anyone to stop, before anyone flames me

Honestly, at this stage....all the OCD RE meso models drives me nuts...yes, I realize its a wx board, so it is not wrong...my problem, I know.

But at this point, I just assume look out the window, take a walk down the street, and check out RAD and SAT loops.

Just me, but the whole the whole "3:35pm run of the  RHFYAK model has backed off of the 3:17pm run, but it still heavier than the HYYSI model, which has gotten heavier since its last run 20 minutes ago". We'll see what it has on the next run in 10 minutes".

Again, just me....not telling anyone to stop, before anyone flames me

By and large I still find the HRRR and RAP useless.  By the time they change to the final solution it's already blatantly obvious to everyone.  Today is a case in point,this morning they hammered CT.  How'd that work out?

Now they hammer me....give it six hours and it'll be 2 whales and a seal.

By and large I still find the HRRR and RAP useless.  By the time they change to the final solution it's already blatantly obvious to everyone.  Today is a case in point,this morning they hammered CT.  How'd that work out?

Now they hammer me....give it six hours and it'll be 2 whales and a seal.

I'm not arguing with you at all.

At this point, I'd just assume enjoy whatever I get.....if models haven't figured it out as the event unfolds, how much value are they really adding at this stage?

And I'm not saying this to blindly expect 20"......I know the lofty expectations aren't going to work.

Just wanna enjoy a snowstorm.

Didn't have that crap 8 years ago when I first joined......once it started snowing, we nowcasted the $hit out of things, and just had fun with obs....these days, you can't blink without having a meso model shoved down your throat.

YUP.  We once used meso models to support positions, now they are the positions.

I'll stick with 4-8" here.

If Boston gets 10.3" of snow from this storm, the city will have seen more snow in 3 weeks than Chicago has ever seen in an entire winter.

Gonna need a little more than that...89.7" is the top dog for Chicago (set in 1978-79). BOS has 74.0" in the last three weeks, though yesterday. Which of course is amazing. Regardless, a ridiculous amount snow for you all. Good luck and enjoy. :)

Archived