Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAA Snows should be picking up next 6 hours over RI EMA NE MA

BTV WRF is meso model I trust most in short term (its 12z 4km run) showed highest QPF panel for whole storm from 4-7 pm from Westerly to Stoughton/Brockton .25+    then it showed highest QPF panel in entire storm for E MA /NE Mass from 7-10 with .25+ from Stoughton Brockton area up thru Lynn then Amesbury and SE NH on a line 10-15 miles either side.

Also during that 7-10 pm time frame it noted .3 to .6 QPF from NE side of Martha's Vineyard over west side of cape up thru Truro.

18z run should be out so i'll take a comparison of it's 4-10pm jackpots with this WAA and see if it is consistent, not much else exciting to look at over next cpl hours IMO

You must be close to my age. It was a Sunday after a quick burst of 4-6 Friday. I was 9 and out with my friends sledding. In those days, we just sledded down paved hilly roads with packed snow...miracle we survived...

Anyway, I remember mothers coming out tot drag us home and when I noticed it was snowing heavily I perked up. The next morning an all out blizzard was ongoing.

Same age, 68.  We sledded down my hilly street in Roslindale all the time.  There didn't seem to be as many cars parked at the curbside back them.  Growing up, my father didn't have a car, not even a license.  He finally got his a few years after I got mine at 16.

Becoming doubtful a warning verifies in the NW zones.  The curse of the Winter of 2014-15.

I still think 4-6" here 5-8" for you and the N hilltowns.   Tonight I will alternate between going out in the floodlight and watching the radar once the family is in bed.

Anything over 4" is a great refresher especially if the wind does some nice sculpting.

I still think 4-6" here 5-8" for you and the N hilltowns.   Tonight I will alternate between going out in the floodlight and watching the radar once the family is in bed.

Anything over 4" is a great refresher especially if the wind does some nice sculpting.

I hope that's the case.  I'll really be bummed by anything less than 4--it'll make the whole blowing thing much less exciting.

13.3/11

sn

Interesting to see all the thundersnow with that squall in PA. Lots of energy swinging down. Can't wait for it to hit the Atlantic. Will be fun to watch even if it shafts us.

Yes, I have been wondering how that will evolve.  Satellite imagery seems to show a circulation developing over south central PA.  BGM radar hinting at some anafront behind the squall line.  Anyway, maybe we squeeze 30 minutes of action out it as it reaches us?

Archived