Newest Member
    Monty
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what? you can tell by the 0hr panel? lol

Of course....just look at the differences at 18z 0h vs 6h 12z or better yet 12h 6z.

Flatter up here as it's not convectively inducing a system that in turn helps to raise heights in front of it.  Right away you could see it was finally going to fold em'

Note the change in isobars - with the tuck NW now becoming a slide SE. 

The problem all along imo was convective - and that's being borne out by it vanishing after it's realizing the convective processes were a lark.

You must be close to my age. It was a Sunday after a quick burst of 4-6 Friday. I was 9 and out with my friends sledding. In those days, we just sledded down paved hilly roads with packed snow...miracle we survived...

Anyway, I remember mothers coming out tot drag us home and when I noticed it was snowing heavily I perked up. The next morning an all out blizzard was ongoing.

It was still moderate snow when my dad measured 23.5" in our yard - not much drifting in our wooded NNJ area. Nearby coops recorded 22-28". Neighbor across the street (same age as me) had just moved in a week before, shoveled off the rail-less concrete front porch resulting in snow level with the porch, stepped off the wrong side and disappeared.

QPF from gfs now less than half what it had been 24 hr ago - only 0.31" for RUM, less than 1/2" at AUG. GYX suggesting 20:1 ratios inland where the wind isn't as powerful.

Caving didn't imply a complete cave...yet. ;)

New gfs is still strong in the morning. RGEM now agrees. Qpf total for queens like me is 0.75 along the immediate east coast of massachusetts as the jack. Very disappointing for our Maine posters but strong in old Eastport....matches Boston..lol.

It seems to be trending toward the general 6-12"/8-14" snowfall inside 495 we thought it would be..... Seems to be a nice consensus for tomorrow morning to be banging too in the far east on the hires. West of ORH always looked futile I thought.....

Archived