• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

There's some decent snow from 12z-18z tomorrow.....

Eh it looks like 1/3-1/2" per hour SN- type stuff that you don't even notice because it's being blown around so hard by the wind. The 1"+ per hour that was going to make this exciting is gone.

And this is why you don't shut down the MBTA two days out when the end result is likely to be a low end warning event at best.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh it looks like 1/3-1/2" per hour SN- type stuff that you don't even notice because it's being blown around so hard by the wind. The 1"+ per hour that was going to make this exciting is gone.

And this is why you don't shut down the MBTA two days out when the end result is likely to be a low end warning event at best.

You can't run the MBTA into the eye of a 498dm ULL.

Night and day from the GFS

GFS is a feedback catastrophe.

The NCEP folks tossed the GGEM once again for no other reason than it was "different"...lol.   Euro/GGEM not dissimilar, GFS is throwing up on itself right to the end and a lot are going to barf on themselves in the forecasting too.

This was an obvious non-blizzard for more than 24 hours.  Lot of pissed off people in EMA come tomorrow.

pretty much all models have the dry slot in RI between 1-4 am, No?

Yes yes I just haddn't seen it as 0.00" yet.  Euro always had some flakes.  Though that probably means more strengthening.  

For a forecasted blizzard in EM, I have never seen such unhappy weenies microanalyzing why they might get an inch or two less of snow than someone else.

And it's not an inch or two less - I want 15" from this baby to put this into Real Historical perspective and not for anything if you Only looked at the upper level maps you'd thiink this is a Monster.  And it's looking like 6-8 now.  That's Half.  Not 1 or 2 less.  

Fine Ontario, Canada is WSW of BUF.

You almost have to go due west to get to Canada from Buffalo and that is by boat. And back on topic, the ULL is actually still NW/NNW of Buffalo. Remember they are tilted to the NW in the upper levels. SPC shows the H7 low NNW of Buf so therefore the H5 low has to be NW of that.

With all the micro-analysis right here right now. I state put the model jug down its serving piss.

The initial WAA is blossoming, looking mighty fine. Saw that coming from which model?

The 40" j/p's out of SW CT in the blizzard last year what model had that?

A rotting CCB in numerous storms again which...?

With the dynamics as such especially the almost perfect set-up ULL. Common sense dictates something radically different.

I don't think any model is going to detect and forecast correctly.

Academic because it's now-cast folks.

You almost have to go due west to get to Canada from Buffalo and that is by boat. And back on topic, the ULL is actually still NW/NNW of Buffalo. Remember they are tilted to the NW in the upper levels. SPC shows the H7 low NNW of Buf so therefore the H5 low has to be NW of that.

Thanks Max for the clarification, but the surface low is south of modeled positions.  Its south of BUF.

Archived