• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

The GFS made a huge cave towards the NAm/RGEM down near NYC, it now has the dual low structure with the second low center near MTP...it has the inverted trof in a similar spot though it generates no precip with it...I see up in SNE its still going ape****

Exactly it moved early but then uses the inverted trough to spin up through the atmosphere a death spiral that drives a death band consortium over SNe.

Truth will be in the middle somewhere. 4-8 seems fine here

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gfs matches up pretty well with current conditions not saying its 100% right but seems like the best so far and im not just saying that because it gives me alot of snow.. ill be happy with 3 inches of wind whipped snow  :santa:

Ya Ok there ineedsnow.

Also weird is that the GFS continues to Start the first Low more and more south and west (like the current pressure falls are showing) but then Rapidly catches up to where it and everyone else has had the New Low for the meat of the storm.

That's because for this storm it suc$s. That's called feedback which is cover for a massive model failure. The gfs isn't that far off now it's getting closer and closer to correct.

That's because for this storm it suc$s. That's called feedback which is cover for a massive model failure. The gfs isn't that far off now it's getting closer and closer to correct.

Can I ask you something?  Why oh Why have you been SUCH a Hilarious and Fierce Debbie Dower on this storm?  Every Single Post.  EVERY One!  Negative, Negative, Negative, Negative.  What is your deal?  

You need to read some articles on 12/16/07 lol.  

Just start nowcasting. It seemed to work for the Blizzard 2 and a half weeks ago for you.

My nowcast is some snow today that makes people happy, a huge cake hole tonight that makes people sad, a band rotating sw that makes people happy again and then it rotates out and we are sad.

Mid level monkeys are in awe over the setup of the century. Qpf queens lament, model mongering forecasters are already cuing their "what went wrong" bits.... Meanwhile ride the euro

My nowcast is some snow today that makes people happy, a huge cake hole tonight that makes people sad, a band rotating sw that makes people happy again and then it rotates out and we are sad.

Mid level monkeys are in awe over the setup of the century. Qpf queens lament, model mongering forecasters are already cuing their "what went wrong" bits.... Meanwhile ride the euro

You found real reasons why to discredit the euro before the meat of the Blizzard by nowcasting, now you are just looking at the models to find reasons to discredit the GFS. It isn't the same because a model shows what it wants. Go and do some real nowcasting to see if it still provides you with the same reasons why the GFS should be wrong ala why the Euro was wrong 2.5 weeks ago.

Archived