joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Super Snow Sunday

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM back to looking pretty bad again as far as lack of CCB.

Yeah--the NAM has consistently not liked western MA, and the last few runs has expanded that dislike to most of SNE.

While measuring tomorrow please watch out for falling trees. 60 + gusts will do that

:weenie:

Power outages in these temps will be suck tastic

So does having holes in your walls.

Imagine those linemen tomorrow . Brutal

I think a lot of people don't grasp how strong these winds are gonna be tomorrow...regardless of QPF, if we have 4" with those winds, you can get near white out conditions. Not to mention the DOT will have a hell of a time keeping roads clear with blowing snow. I think winds are more of an impact, at least for western areas. These winds in eastern area snowfall predictions are gon verify blizz me thinks, no doubt. on anothe note, snow growth will be poor I think with shredded dendrites

Unfortunately we're in the time frame where we should be looking at mesoscale models but we have such crap to work with from the US it's difficult. 

We're close enough that the SREFs should be at least adequate now...they've done fine inside of 24 hours this winter. But yeah, not exactly the most confidence...esp for a 12-24 hour forecast.

Just an FYI for those that have a standby generator. I have a kohler 20kw,whole house gen running on natural gas, with a carb heater, set to test every Friday @ 3pm. Just over a year old, cranked  yesterday wouldnt start, after three attemps, shuts down. My davis weather station yesterday am, recorded a 20 below windchill, spoke with techs to reset, try a few things, and it worked, i will start again later today to run 20 min or so just in case..they said they have been getting so many calls do to the temps, windchills etc. Sorry to post here, just an fyi maybe it was friday the 13th thing

Archived