SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 16th/17th/18th Winter Wx

burgertime

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nam is going to have two waves and the first looks better on this run.

The energy does look more "diggy" in the 4 corners region at hr 84 than the 6z gfs disaster.  The energy is dropping down more vertically instead of being as flat as the GFS.  I don't know what difference that would make.  Have to wait for the DGEX!  LOL!

The energy does look more "diggy" in the 4 corners region at hr 84 than the 6z gfs disaster. The energy is dropping down more vertically instead of being as flat as the GFS. I don't know what difference that would make. Have to wait for the DGEX! LOL!

Better phasing in subsequent runs if it ejects out right?

I would cash in on the 3 inches of powder the NAM gives me Monday afternoon. I really hope this front wave produces. I don't like having to really on the back end for snow. 

Actually, I would prefer there not be a 2 wave deal and we just get one consolidated system come through on Monday night. Generally, I feel like models normally move towards consolidating systems in events like this. Last year's big storm was an exception as we had 2 waves in that event. So who knows?

Overall it's a suppressed looking flow over the SE on the NAM, but a good thump into TN and N GA with that initial precip streaking east.  It would struggle to turn the corner with the second piece though I think

You are probably right.  The trough is not sharp enough on the East coast.  Where's our SE pig ridge when we need it?

nam_namer_084_500_vort_ht.gif

Just hang tight guys, you might have different worries 2 days from now

LOL, yep, come Sunday it's going to be oh no, mixing issues, it's tracking up our rear now. When we draw up fantasy snowstorms we actually start by saying we hope at day 4-5 it's tracking the SLP over Jacksonville. Well we got that, I just hope the GFS doesn't show a coastal hugger at 12z, that would be bad.

Archived