Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/12-13 Potential Coastal Storm Threat

Typhoon Tip

Not sure what they are seeing???

Probably a blend of yesterday's guidance (which included depictions of larger hits) and collaboration with adjacent offices (BOX).

It'll shift down assuming the Euro keeps consistent with today's 12z guidance/its own 00z solution.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Near misses, those are hits for me, Cape Cod gets 3-6" both storms, so keep the Out to Sea or misses talk to yourselves and continue to talk about the storm.

Everyone speaks relative to their own position.

Grasp that.

I'm sure you're conerned with how much QPF makes it beyoond rt 128. :lol:

C-2" for most on this Euro run...we're getting inside 72 hours here, so I think this one is baked for no major event...advisory snows are still on the table however.

I would assume the C-2" is widespread over New England and not really enhanced by the coastal.  Just the clipper moisture moving through?

Geez, you people give up way too easily, if anything this winter has shown us how the models can be wrong with the actual result 72 hours out, look what happened with the Blizzard of 2015 and the models only 72 hours out.

I would like to know /understand synoptically what changed from yesterday to today that really minimized the potential in this. What larger features became less favorable in particular.

Probably don't need to look any further then that low in the atlantic east of Virginia

well did trend slower, I mean that answer really doesn't have much detail that low has been modeled there for days.

Did it's trough hang back longer and diminish our shortwaves ability to raise heights ahead of it. Were there a multitude of things. Just trying to learn a few things.

well did trend slower, I mean that answer really doesn't have much detail that low has been modeled there for days.

Did it's trough hang back longer and diminish our shortwaves ability to raise heights ahead of it. Were there a multitude of things. Just trying to learn a few things.

Yeah, It looks to of ended up further west and slower, Originally i think that was suppose to be out of here already and well to the east and it ends up taking the baroclinic zone offshore with it,  So there was not much room for this one to amplify

unless something drastic changes at 0z this threat is mostly gone for all of us maybe some lucky person gets 2 or 3 max

Geez, you people give up way too easily, if anything this winter has shown us how the models can be wrong with the actual result 72 hours out, look what happened with the Blizzard of 2015 and the models only 72 hours out.

Archived