joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/12-13 Potential Coastal Storm Threat

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the this is coming back west train, think were gonna  get jiggy and diggy diggy with this S.W

I think the opportunity is there to favor a quicker development further west...enough to perhaps prompt low-end warning snows across portions of eastern MA with higher end advisory snows back to I95 with lower west of 95.  

I think the opportunity is there to favor a quicker development further west...enough to perhaps prompt low-end warning snows across portions of eastern MA with higher end advisory snows back to I95 with lower west of 95.  

I'd rather the 18z GEFS, but at this point in the boxing match, we're in the 7'th round... we just knocked most communities to the canvas and they will probably be back off the mat Wednesday or Thursday, I would like a nice overhand bomb to send them reeling into the weekend....and that blow will render them nearly crippled..and there is potential on this one to go a bit higher. We just need this to dig further and the capture...that is still on the table. A follow up blow on Sunday will send most communities into a coma. Really uncharted territory if we get blasted next 7 days. I think the issues are not fully comprehended if we get another 2'.

That, and you figure that with all of these events in such rapid succession. at some point the local atmosphere needs to regroup. 

I'm pretty sure Will mentioned this last 3 day period was the break and we just happened to cash in during it. We are re-loading with that monster PNA ridge and the Trough is in prime position for E SNE to get unloaded on again.

I'd rather the 18z GEFS, but at this point in the boxing match, we're in the 7'th round... we just knocked most communities to the canvas and they will probably be back off the mat Wednesday or Thursday, I would like a nice overhand bomb to send them reeling into the weekend....and there is potential on this one to go a bit higher. We just need this to dig further and the capture...that is still on the table.

One thing to consider in this type of situation is where the models EXACTLY develop the low and the placement of the low.  Just looking at the 6z GFS and looking at variables such as 500mb winds, sfc winds, etc you could argue the low placement should actually be a bit further north than what's shown right here.  

low%20placement_zpsh0xgfjou.jpg

That, and you figure that with all of these events in such rapid succession. at some point the local atmosphere needs to regroup.

I'll be perfectly honest - I have no idea how that works. But I always figured that anomalous pool of liquid h2o off the east coast of everywhere made that less of an issue.

I'm pretty sure Will mentioned this last 3 day period was the break and we just happened to cash in during it. We are re-loading with that monster PNA ridge and the Trough is in prime position for E SNE to get unloaded on again.

Plus with potential PJ interaction the potential for another monster storm will be looming within the upcoming pattern...trough axis will be key as to whether we realize it or not but the 500mb pattern screams major cyclogenesis potential off the coast 

I'll be perfectly honest - I have no idea how that works. But I always figured that anomalous pool of liquid h2o off the east coast of everywhere made that less of an issue.

The issue isn't that the system wants for moisture, but rather the baroclinic zone gets temporarily shoved eastward in the wake of the recent barrage of impressive systems.

I'm on the this is coming back west train, think were gonna  get jiggy and diggy diggy with this S.W

I think this one may be a ratter.  Will see at inits today I think...the more amped up models were overplaying the strength/slower....early on.  Happens when stuff is coming from the polar regions.   As they adjust this may kick even further east.

The potential is Huge with both systems...both are going to blossom into Monster Storms period.  It's whether they do it in time for the area, or are OTS to our east.  That's the only question here.  We may very well miss both of these? 

I think alot of us(including myself) saw the incredible historic aspect of both of these, in the adding to our snowcover and impact to the area yesterday, but now the look and idea is for more of a glancing blow or miss with these(at least with the latest guidance).  Ofcourse this could all change at noon, but that remains to be seen.

The odds are tough for these to be a direct hit...which would send the area into the Biblical Realm...needless to say, that doesn't happen often to say the least!!

Archived