joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/12-13 Potential Coastal Storm Threat

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody going to comment on how the NAM looks eerily similar to the 18z gfs?

The only thing I cared about with the NAM as it's useless?

It supports the GFS on being slower through the Lakes versus the Euro which was hauling balls.  That's good... at the same time it doesn't dig the s/w into the Baja like the Euro/GFS....so it won't form the same low those models do.

BUT I think it's probably more critical that it's not as fast in the north...and it's just the nam sucking in the SW

Early on yea it looked similar at mid levels. But then at the end, it can never get going. It's suck anyway and prob better it doesn't show a hit Lol.

For the NAM at this range I think it's an impressive run.  Has the telltale inverted trough signature....struggle here is it'll either be east with an inverted dingaling to the west, or a more powerful low west towards where some are modeling the dingaling trough.

We've maybe already seen the western goalpost barring a big correction with an init once the features are all in data rich areas. 

Definitely will heavily favor coastal areas, and somehow Worcester will get 35" too.

If not tonight by tomorrow night we will all have a better idea

I hope we havent seen the western goalpost....it's another CJ.

What ends up swinging around into the base of the trough is actually at the very top center of this screen right now.  Barely into even decent satellite coverage nevermind actual UA.   Really looking at it, it's going to take another 12-24 hours before there will be a great fix on it.  I think we see more consensus tonight for sure, but we're far from "decided"..... pure polar s/w.         Look east of Alaska, east of the province that looks like a big Idaho...two big lake structures it's just above the northern one spinning down.

ALWV.JPG

Archived