Newest Member
    northernriwx
2/12-2/13 Potential

EasternLI

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Brunswick has 14.8

I have 18.2 here in Edison so far...we avg about 23. The poster from metuchen who is a trained spotter I believe has 17-18 so far. Not great but much better then a goose egg. We have had snow cover for a while now.

22.3" here so far...35 year avg here is 30.1".

I know this may be banter, but this thread is about to die anyway, so, as I said a few pages ago, we have 21.75" in Metuchen. I'm not the trained spotter in town, but I guarantee my numbers are pretty darn accurate.  I usually average 10+ measurements if it's anything above an inch or so and my numbers usually agree with the spotter - I do know he was 1/2" or so less than me on a couple of occasions where I measured right at the end of the snowfall, before the rain compacted the snowpack (1/23 and 2/2).  

Allsnow, we usually are pretty close.  Wonder if you're missing a storm in there - makes sense also, that I'd be very close to the SI number.  Here's my summary, which does include a bunch of small storms that do add up a bit...

11/13 - 0.25"

11/26 - 1.5"

12/8 - 0.25"

1/3 - 0.25"

1/6 - 1.0"

1/9 - 0.75"

1/18 - 0,25" ice/sleet

1/23 - 5.25"

1/26-27 - 7.0"

1/29 - 1.0"

2/2 - 3.5" in part 1, then 0.5" in part 2

2/9 - 0.25" ice/sleet

I know this may be banter, but this thread is about to die anyway, so, as I said a few pages ago, we have 21.75" in Metuchen. I'm not the trained spotter in town, but I guarantee my numbers are pretty darn accurate. I usually average 10+ measurements if it's anything above an inch or so and my numbers usually agree with the spotter - I do know he was 1/2" or so less than me on a couple of occasions where I measured right at the end of the snowfall, before the rain compacted the snowpack (1/23 and 2/2).

Allsnow, we usually are pretty close. Wonder if you're missing a storm in there - makes sense also, that I'd be very close to the SI number. Here's my summary, which does include a bunch of small storms that do add up a bit...

11/13 - 0.25"

11/26 - 1.5"

12/8 - 0.25"

1/3 - 0.25"

1/6 - 1.0"

1/9 - 0.75"

1/18 - 0,25" ice/sleet

1/23 - 5.25"

1/26-27 - 7.0"

1/29 - 1.0"

2/2 - 3.5" in part 1, then 0.5" in part 2

2/9 - 0.25" ice/sleet

Thank you. I didn't add up the smaller storms to start the winter and only could find 2.9 for the area on 2/2. When I woke up on 2/2 it looked very close to 4. Great to have your measurements as a resource.

Thank you. I didn't add up the smaller storms to start the winter and only could find 2.9 for the area on 2/2. When I woke up on 2/2 it looked very close to 4. Great to have your measurements as a resource.

I'm at like 20.5 in Piscataway.  I may have missed a little here and there too with compacting and getting outside a little too late to measure. 

I've actually measured only 17.5" where I am in Piscataway, and that's counting the 1.5" we got the day before Thanksgiving.

Strange.  I am like 2 miles from Metuchen (where RU848789 measured 21.75), so maybe that is why I am a bit more than you? I also might be remembering 2014 wrong.  I don't have those numbers in front of me at work, just the 2015 ones. 

In case anyone cares, the 18z NAM shifted even further East. Most areas outside of Suffolk County would be lucky to see a coating.

Queens and east is .10"+

Parts of NJ as well.

SWCT is .10"+ as well.

1"-3" run for parts of NJ and all of NYC and LI.

Strange.  I am like 2 miles from Metuchen (where RU848789 measured 21.75), so maybe that is why I am a bit more than you? I also might be remembering 2014 wrong.  I don't have those numbers in front of me at work, just the 2015 ones. 

Yeah, I'm on the other side of Piscataway. Closer to North Plainfield. So it makes sense that I'd have a little less. More snow to the east. It's only a difference of a few inches though, so not a big deal. The bottom line is all of us in Middlesex County have a lot less snow than NYC and Long Island. I hope we get a storm this winter that hits the entire area hard, rather than just NYC-east.

Queens and east is .10"+

Parts of NJ as well.

SWCT is .10"+ as well.

1"-3" run for parts of NJ and all of NYC and LI.

Not quite, KLGA is actually 1.1" of snow on 0.08" LE. KLGA goes above freezing for three hours peaking at 33F at hour 51.

KJFK actually stays a little colder and manages 1.6" of snow on 0.09" LE. Surface temps peak at 32.4F at hour 51.

KISP manages 1.9" of snow on 0.16" LE. Surface temps peak at 32.6F from hours 49 to 51.

Archived