Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

Here's my Report.  

West Roxbury where I stayed last night had a Storm Total of 6" at Noon and was snowing then.  Milton, where my concert was, had moderate snow All day under an OES band, really hurt my attendance but the concert went over great and I was SO inspired by what I saw outside the giant windows.  Even sang about it by changing the words in Cheek to Cheek and I really don't sing haha.  There was 7" Compact Total in Milton at 6pm so Storm total now must be at 8.5" as it was snowing hard when I left.  

Now - ALERT - The Roads from Milton to 128 to 95 down to RI were AS BAD as the January 2014 0*F Blizzard and Dec. 13th, 2007 which are the Worst conditions I've ever seen on the highway.  I called the NWS on it to report it.  

Back home in North Cumberland, and the compact total is 4.25", Storm Total at 5" and snowing nicely.  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 12.1" snow so far, Boston has now had 66.3" snow this winter. That ranks 15th highest on record since 1891-92. Not too long ago on January 20, Boston had just 5.5" snow, which was 13th lowest at that point in time.

Easily the greatest comeback I've ever seen for a season.

Euro did a very good job on this storm given how complex it was. It was in the SNE jackpot camp when other models tried to drift a bit further north at one point...and it was also the first model that hit the Monday snow the hardest.

It wasn't perfect as it did drift the jack one run more up into MA/NH border, but pretty good redemption by the Euro on this one all things considered.

Euro did a very good job on this storm given how complex it was. It was in the SNE jackpot camp when other models tried to drift a bit further north at one point...and it was also the first model that hit the Monday snow the hardest.

It wasn't perfect as it did drift the jack one run more up into MA/NH border, but pretty good redemption by the Euro on this one all things considered.

It was too warm down here.  Had me mixing right up till the storm began.

It was too warm down here.  Had me mixing right up till the storm began.

Yeah but all models had that...Euro was generally on the colder side. Like I said, it wasn't perfect, but a good redemption storm.

All models did underestimate the cold press.

Yeah but all models had that...Euro was generally on the colder side. Like I said, it wasn't perfect, but a good redemption storm.

as a result underestimated  S shore and Pym country  stuff and over estimated N shore stuff as a result. All models even thru yesterday 12z. I think the performance of a model is almost always a bit skewed from where the poster is from but I get what you are saying about the euro "overall"

The GFS was actually better down here.  It was actually colder than the Euro and I thought handled the cold better.  The RGEM, once again, proved it's worth once we got within range.

The GFS was actually better down here.  It was actually colder than the Euro and I thought handled the cold better.  The RGEM, once again, proved it's worth once we got within range.

Maybe at really close range?

The Euro was definitely colder and south of the GFS in that 48-84 hour time-range..

Did pretty well for sure. The GFS also got way too juiced up across CT/W Mass/ENY. Euro did a much better job keeping QPF in the reasonable range. 

Did pretty well for sure. The GFS also got way too juiced up across CT/W Mass/ENY. Euro did a much better job keeping QPF in the reasonable range. 

Yeah the GFS did have that widespread QPF max all the way back into NY State...even into central NY too which didn't verify.

Archived