• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

Casualty of winter on my road the other day. My 90 year old neighbor was struck and killed while getting his mail. The strange thing was that the vehicle that killed him was a flatbed tow truck that was parked in his driveway. The parked vehicle slid down the slippery driveway and ran him over.

(Mods, fell free to move this. There does not seem to be a new banter thread except for the superbowl storm thread)

Jesus thats horrific. Sorry to hear that

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cold Miser that's awful.  We had a neighbor here have a similar situation but nobody was hurt.

Pretty clear IMO the best band will be either just over the Boston waterfront/east down into the south shore.  Can see where it was already pounding earlier is going to be the favored area.   Then down along the coast for a bit tonight, then waivering back and forth a bit.

I'll be shocked if Boston gets anywhere near the most recent map especially N&W

Weymouth, quincy, Braintree?  Randolph, Avon, Stoughton, Milton, etc will get pounded.  Not sure how far it can tuck southwest towards Easton and Sharon.  But I'd guess 6-12 in that area maybe more additional. 

The band looks like it's going to be super narrow, someone will probably squeak out a foot plus additional if it sits on top of them, but I've got to think that's cape anne, or the south shore along rte 93,/128/24 etc where it tucked in earlier.   Pretty much where precip is blowing up now.

Weymouth, quincy, Braintree?  Randolph, Avon, Stoughton, Milton, etc will get pounded.  Not sure how far it can tuck southwest towards Easton and Sharon.  But I'd guess 6-12 in that area maybe more additional. 

The band looks like it's going to be super narrow, someone will probably squeak out a foot plus additional if it sits on top of them, but I've got to think that's cape anne, or the south shore along rte 93,/128/24 etc where it tucked in earlier.   Pretty much where precip is blowing up now.

that should be a cake walk, if it sits over them. There could be some insane totals if this band sits anywhere for 10 hours

that should be a cake walk, if it sits over them. There could be some insane totals if this band sits anywhere for 10 hours

Yeah someone could easily see 18" if it pounds like it did earlier.  Looking at the 18z RGEM ....pretty clearly I think the cold air is going to win out south and hold that front further southeast.

6z vs 18z....particularly makes it easy to see.

Yeah someone could easily see 18" if it pounds like it did earlier.  Looking at the 18z RGEM ....pretty clearly I think the cold air is going to win out south and hold that front further southeast.

6z vs 18z....particularly makes it easy to see.

models just can't seem to pin down the CF location. I mean it keeps pressing S and E toward the coast in all parts of SE SNE. Now maybe the gradient tightens as the 32 isotherm back closer to the coast over N shore

Archived