joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Long duration overrunning to coastal disco 02/07-02/09

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9F with snow filtering down. Purely arctic feel out there. What an epic winter.

Yup that's what I've been thinking lately... snow cover since mid-November, frequent snows for almost 3 months, tons of days with flakes in the air.  Just a perfect winter from start to now so far.  Snow stacked high on tree branches like scoops of vanilla ice cream.  Looks like a Colorado ski town out there.

Yeah, was talking to Terry.  He just corrected. 

Do you get Boston network affiliates in Smithfield? The PVD stations a quarter century ago lobbied hard and they were taken off many Rhode Island cable companies. It's outrageous.. I'm 60 miles as the crow flies South of Boston and I don't get any Boston tv stations.

Yup that's what I've been thinking lately... snow cover since mid-November, frequent snows for almost 3 months, tons of days with flakes in the air. Just a perfect winter from start to now so far. Snow stacked high on tree branches like scoops of vanilla ice cream. Looks like a Colorado ski town out there.

Two qualities of a great winter if you had to narrow it down? Snow and cold. We have had bouts of both and its evident that this winter has more of both left in its tank. That's why I always root on the coldest snowiest solutions possible. It's what makes a season memorable or historic. Any snow is good snow.

Do you get Boston network affiliates in Smithfield? The PVD stations a quarter century ago lobbied hard and they were taken off many Rhode Island cable companies. It's outrageous.. I'm 60 miles as the crow flies South of Boston and I don't get any Boston tv stations.

I follow a lot of boston folks on Twitter. I trust them more honestly but that could be because I lived in Boston from 2007-2013. But I don't get the stations. I don't think I get NECN either.

Just looking at stop times on the 18z models shows no measurable precipitation west of Boston after 10pm-1am tomorrow night. The end of the warning looks spot on.

ALY goes until 6am Tues with the warning, I doubt it last that long, they will probably update that at the next update to earlier.

Huh?  What other time would rival this for BOS...even if measured by height on thy knickers?

78.  If they measured in 78 like they do today.... much different storms, heavier, wetter, and it wasn't a competition to measure the most snow back then.....  36" in January, 27.2 for the blizzard.  67 was close too from all that I've seen and heard.

Archived