joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just at the store and heard some lady say she was food shopping because "they are expecting 8-12 inches of snow". Lmao where the hell do people get these forecasts from? I didn't even bother saying anything

Several years ago (I forget which storm it was and what year lol).....I had told a neighbor that we might get close to a foot of snow later that week.....later on in the parking lot, I heard her tell another neighbor "yeah, cold now and 2 feet of snow this weekend!!".....people like to exaggerate really

PB.. Looks like a potentially nice call for Thursday

Hey man , It def a tricky set up . Pos tilted trough with HP pressing and SLP on the arctic wave .

S and E is the bust potential . Will be inside 72 hours tomorrow at 12z .

We need wave 2 to be weaker and leave a little bigger piece behind . Not a slam dunk , but not the 2 inch rain storm either thankfully .

How did you do with this one ?  Laurel Hollow coming in with 5 to 6

Did you hear anything about that operation in Toms River? Sounds like the guys abandoned the truck with their dog still in it. So horrible.

To the best of my knowledge, there was a rescue dispatched. However beyond that I cannot comment due to the nature of the incident. I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance brother.

Whats your best guess for the Thursday storm PB GFI? You seem to have a good grasp on the recent pattern...

A little early . I am rooting for this to crush everyone , set some record lows Friday AM and then look for the pattern to calm down around the 10th .

Want to be inside 72 hours , the SW has to develop on the arctic front and you really want to see how much energy comes out with Wave 2 .

Which is not a piece of cake for those NW of KNYC . There could be lots of ICE  with that one.

Need to resolve 2 then we can solve 3 .  But I like this one just playing it close because the ceiling is high .

A little early . I am rooting for this to crush everyone , set some record lows Friday AM and then look for the pattern to calm down around the 10th .

Want to be inside 72 hours , the SW has to develop on the arctic front and you really want to see how much energy comes out with Wave 2 .

Which is not a piece of cake for those NW of KNYC . There could be lots of ICE  with that one.

Need to resolve 2 then we can solve 3 .  But I like this one just playing it close because the ceiling is high .

Ok...great! Thanks! I'm rooting for it to crush everyone too :)

Hey man , It def a tricky set up . Pos tilted trough with HP pressing and SLP on the arctic wave .

S and E is the bust potential . Will be inside 72 hours tomorrow at 12z .

We need wave 2 to be weaker and leave a little bigger piece behind . Not a slam dunk , but not the 2 inch rain storm either thankfully .

How did you do with this one ? Laurel Hollow coming in with 5 to 6

Sorry for the late response. From what I hear on the home front, we're looking about 4-6/ with a glaze of ice

Well turns out I'm right around 4". Just came back from measuring. What's an inch or two amongst friends anyway? It's not like I got 5 and claimed to get 10.

hopefully thursday we can measure in double digits. highest for me this year is 8

Guest Pamela

Snowfall 2014-15 Winter
Through March 2, 2015 / 1:00 AM

Islip: 49.6"
Bridgeport: 46.1"
NWS Upton 44.2"
LaGuardia: 40.0"
Newark: 34.6"
JFK: 34.2"
Central Park: 33.2"

Philadelphia Intl. Airport: 15.4"

Atlantic City: 15.1"

Snowfall 2014-15 Winter

Through March 2, 2015 / 1:00 AM

Islip: 49.6"

Bridgeport: 46.0"

NWS Upton 44.2"

LaGuardia: 40.0"

Newark: 34.6"

JFK: 34.2"

Central Park: 33.2"

Philadelphia Intl. Airport: 15.4"

Atlantic City: 15.1"

that 33.2 at central park is BS... especially when kennedy and lga are higher

A freind of my just took of from MacArthur Airport took this out the window, not sure if its the sound or a bay on the south shore.

Trying to figure out where that is. Where was your friend headed? It looks too big to be a south shore bay. Hard to tell witout and land reference points. The sound or maybe peconic bay?

Archived