• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter Thread - Part 2

IsentropicLift

Just drove in from Tampa and we had two fantastic beach days temps in the 80s. Now back to the frozen tundra of nj. Seeing everything so green and people actually living and walking scantilly clad outside was a real wake up call how awful the last 6 weeks or so has been up here. Was kinda cool seeing all the ice on the trees in Maryland until we stepped outside. Ready for spring though. Bring it on.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No sun angle issues here. ;)

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
315 PM HST TUE MAR 3 2015

...WINTER STORM WARNING FOR THE BIG ISLAND SUMMITS ABOVE 12000 FEET...

.A SHORTWAVE TROUGH WILL DRAG IN A DEEP AREA OF MOISTURE AND PROVIDE
UNSTABLE CONDITIONS ACROSS THE BIG ISLAND. THIS WILL RESULT IN SIGNIFICANT
SNOW ACCUMULATIONS TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT ABOVE 12000 FEET
IN ELEVATION.

HIZ028-041315-
/O.NEW.PHFO.WS.W.0001.150304T0115Z-150305T1600Z/
BIG ISLAND SUMMITS-
315 PM HST TUE MAR 3 2015

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST THURSDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HONOLULU HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOWFALL...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM HST
THURSDAY.

* LOCATIONS...BIG ISLAND SUMMITS ABOVE 12000 FEET IN ELEVATION.

* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATION.

* ACCUMULATIONS...12 TO 18 INCHES.

* TIMING...THROUGH WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* IMPACTS...TRAVEL TO THE SUMMITS...EITHER ON FOOT OR BY VEHICLE...WILL
BE DANGEROUS.

* WINDS...SOUTHWEST 10 TO 20 MPH...STRENGTHENING TO 20 TO 30 MPH
WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

* TEMPERATURES...IN THE UPPER 20S.

* VISIBILITIES...UNDER A HALF MILE IN CLOUDS.

Guest Pamela

Snowfall 2014-15 Winter
Through March 4, 2015 / 1:00 AM

Islip: 50.3"
Bridgeport: 47.3"
NWS Upton 45.1"
LaGuardia: 41.0"
Newark: 35.8"
JFK: 35.4"
Central Park: 35.0"

Philadelphia Intl. Airport: 15.5"

Atlantic City: 15.1"

Guest Pamela

i think they hired pam to write this way back when

P5260729.JPG

I totally love kittens!  Interesting that 1962 is the year; since 1692...a mere reversal of the two interior digits...was such an important year.

I think the upcoming pattern is very dangerous

-PNA/Neutral or -NAO breed cut off lows.

We might as well enjoy whatever snow we get tomorrow, DT's latest post is pretty convincing, goodbye winter hello spring after tomorrow, looking almost like a lock at this point

Let Spring come as I'm tired of the whining after getting above average snowfall for the season.

It's one thing if this winter sucked but be happy we made such a comeback and enjoy a final few inches unless there's a fluke late month snow event.

It's amazing that I'm above average on the season without a single double digit snowfall. Literally nickeled and dimed to death.

This site is f*+*^% rediculas.. Upon the million other things to get attacked for and insulted for.. You post a simple weenie map for people's viewing pleasure And apparently THAT to means your simple.... I love how big egos are on this site especially from the people that think and act like their a pro met....funny how the actual pros on here are the most understanding and informative and willing to teach... And all these other as*+*^%# wanna do is show you how much smarter they think they are. This place discourages cronstructive discussion and learning and lobby's to the bully's who wanna pound their chest at every opportunity... plain and simple and I'm done with it..... Mods please feel free to remove this post and my account im happily done on here, not at all worth the frustration

Take a deep breath, count to 10, and rethink quitting a community because of a disagreement. It sounds like we (i say WE, SNE subforum) just lost a long time, popular contributor to a sudden illness. This? This is just f*cking weather.

Take a deep breath, count to 10, and rethink quitting a community because of a disagreement. It sounds like we (i say WE, SNE subforum) just lost a long time, popular contributor to a sudden illness. This? This is just f*cking weather.

Just saw that. That's so sad...awful. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Archived