Newest Member
    joxey
SuperBowl Storm Observations

sferic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is 3pm tomorrow on the HRRR

Looks like snow enters the Bronx at 3PM. With the radar trailing back over 1000 miles, it could take until midnight for this precip the clear the coast.(depends on how this pivots) My inner weenie is telling me we snow for a good 4 or 5 hours on the back end. Are the short range meso models depicting any kind of comma head deform band type deal before this pulls on out?

Looks like snow enters the Bronx at 3PM. With the radar trailing back over 1000 miles, it could take until midnight for this precip the clear the coast.(depends on how this pivots) My inner weenie is telling me we snow for a good 4 or 5 hours on the back end. Are the short range meso models depicting any kind of comma head deform band type deal before this pulls on out?

We def won't snow till midnight, 6pm at the latest and as for the band, rap imo is an awful model, it goes to 18 hrs out, I like the HRRR the best but it'd only to hr15 so I can only see till 6pm on the HRRR

We def won't snow till midnight, 6pm at the latest and as for the band, rap imo is an awful model, it goes to 18 hrs out, I like the HRRR the best but it'd only to hr15 so I can only see till 6pm on the HRRR

I appreciate your insight. Thank you.A 2-3 hour heavy snow burst would make a nice happy ending. As far as our sub forum goes, this is an Orange County special. Enjoy my friend!

Still snowing here and now it's coming down moderately. Just eyeballing about 1.5 inches OTG.

Goodnight all

-Jason

Rtd - could be right - I measured 2.25" at 2 am and I was getting 1.5" per hour, so that would be another inch in 40 minutes bringing me to about 3.25".  I'll be going outside to measure and shovel at 3 am - it's ripping now with bigger flakes, which has me thinking the mix line is close - that yellow band is in southern Middlesex County as we speak...

Sleet started mixing in around 3:05 am and I measured 3.3" of snow at that time.  Sleeted for 15 min and then went to rain.  Fortunately, I was able to finish shoveling about 10 minutes later.  I'd say I got 1/8" of sleet, so I'll say my grand total was 3.4".  The rain is freezing rain right now, with a temp of 31F - after clearing off my car the rain is freezing to it a bit, but not completely, given how heavily it's falling.  The snowpack on all the streets/sidewalks will actually keep the freezing rain from doing any damage, as it'll just be absorbed by the snowpack.  I imagine by the time they plow, the temps will be 32F or above.  About time to sign off, but given the NWS forecast of 3-4" of snow, I'll take 3.4" and hope for some wrap-around snow as a bonus.  

Archived