Dano62
SuperBowl Storm Observations

sferic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that the low over Maryland?

Is that the low over Maryland?

yup and i expressed this concern last night about a transfer to the coast well south of us and locking that cold air in right to the coast,notice the pressure drops due east of that low to the ocean.IT will usually track in the direction of the greatest drops ahead of it.

yup and i expressed this concern last night about a transfer to the coast well south of us and locking that cold air in right to the coast,notice the pressure drops due east of that low to the ocean.IT will usually track in the direction of the greatest drops ahead of it.

Take a look at my post in the model thread, good news for lots of people if they trust the short term models like rap and HRRR

Can you explain what that means in terms of snowfall predictions?  Do you mean it will go further south and therefore more snow rather than rain and mix?  Thanks.  I appreciate learning from all the posters on the board.  

Precip blowing up over NYC. Snow coming down pretty good right now here. Looks like  around an inch by eyeballing it.

hey snow we might be shocked by the newest developments regarding mix lines and coastal re-development.it might be something to look forward to or not regarding to the morning rush and very heavy snow across the southern and northern sections the n.y.c.. 

If the HRRR is right many people here are back in heavy/moderate snows when coastal redevelopes and back to all snow around the nyc area between 1300-1600 tomorrow, shows snow not pulling out till evening commute, hope u guys make out!

might actually be a dangerous situation if people expect 2-4 inches and get 7-9..during morning rush of all times.it's a evolving situation guys.

looking at the intellicast radar it does look like the low is around maryland and it seems like the motion is taking on more of a negative tilt as opposed to more of a progressive flow. Am I correct or way off? Thanks.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?animate=true

Your correct hence the short term models correcting themselves to show colder air and longer duration snows

Snowing somewhere between moderately and heavily with 3/8 of a mile visibility.  Have gotten an inch in the last 45 minutes and  have about 1 and 3/8" on the ground now.  Gorgeous out there - no wind and snow is just wet enough to stick to everything.  If we can keep this going for 2-3 more hours, we'll get to 4" or so - radar looks great.  

As of 2 am, we have 2.25" on the ground, meaning we're snowing at almost 1.5" per hour - amazing out there right now.  By the radar, I'm guessing we get one more hour of snow before the changeover - that would get us to at least 3".  

Archived