Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
SuperBowl Storm Observations

sferic

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems unfair that folks in NW NJ and NE PA have more snow than we do in Central NJ - they're going to get a lot more snow anyway and they start off with more?  Just whining, lol.  

Anyway, snow picking up in intensity after the lull with temp around 32F.  Got 3/8" by about 10 pm and then nada until about midnight.  Would love to at least get 2-3" with the front end - that would put us at about 1.3" liquid equivalent total on the ground (we got 5" on 1/24, then 7" on 1/26 and 1" on 1/30, which is about 1.3" LE and I'm assuming we've only lost ~25% of that, leaving 1" LE - haven't actually measured though) and should be enough to hold the 3/4" or so of rain we're supposed to get, without losing too much snow cover to melting - going to be some serious cement after the freeze in the afternoon. 

Look at all the heavy precip streaming up from the south. This is the timeframe from now until the morning when the city should accumulate.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=dix&loop=yes

yeah no kidding,although it's been accumulating for about 2 hours now up here in the northern bronx lol..i'm near an inch with an air temp of 30f.light snow and waiting for the good stuff to arrive..  :pimp:

Anyway, snow picking up in intensity after the lull with temp around 32F.  Got 3/8" by about 10 pm and then nada until about midnight.  Would love to at least get 2-3" with the front end - that would put us at about 1.3" liquid equivalent total on the ground (we got 5" on 1/24, then 7" on 1/26 and 1" on 1/30, which is about 1.3" LE and I'm assuming we've only lost ~25% of that, leaving 1" LE - haven't actually measured though) and should be enough to hold the 3/4" or so of rain we're supposed to get, without losing too much snow cover to melting - going to be some serious cement after the freeze in the afternoon. 

Snowing somewhere between moderately and heavily with 3/8 of a mile visibility.  Have gotten an inch in the last 45 minutes and  have about 1 and 3/8" on the ground now.  Gorgeous out there - no wind and snow is just wet enough to stick to everything.  If we can keep this going for 2-3 more hours, we'll get to 4" or so - radar looks great.  

Cool, hope it stays down there.

it's probably progressing at ~30 miles per hour, judging by the speed of the bright yellow sleet band, which is now just north of Philly.  What I don't know is whether it'll slow down or not.  At the rate it's moving, it'll be in Edison (about 60 miles NE of Philly) in about 2 hours, which is why I'm guessing 3-4" for me.  

Archived