joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys are giving up on next tuesday and wednesday too early. i think we finally cash in, just a feeling with all this cold air around next week.

nah! That storm screams a west of the mtns track or just over us. No blocking and the energy digs too far west. If we had a nice -nao or just some type of positive heights over EasterN Canada it would be different. Unfortunately all year Canada has lower than normal heights resulting in pesky lakes lows and storms cutting.

lol I've called it like I've seen it all winter, the models just kept spitting out fantasy patterns in the LR. From the get go, y'all can look back, the Tuesday storm looked unimpressive on models to me and just now people are bailing on it.. So I wouldn't say I was a negative nancy, just realistic. Literally that storm never looked good (except for an OP run yesterday that I tried to dismiss). Now the Thursday storm has my attention and it has me very excited about that time frame late week if we can make it happen.

Just messing with ya man! If the seasonal trend remains in effect, you'll be right about Storm #1. At least we have been able to discuss it inside of ten days! I guess that's a start. :)

Just messing with ya man! If the seasonal trend remains in effect, you'll be right about Storm #1. At least we have been able to discuss it inside of ten days! I guess that's a start. :)

Still very optimistic we cash in with something this week...storm #1 could be our friend in that it sets the stage to clobber us with the second system...one can hope. Everyone knows I'm not jumping until March 15th. I've been at the top of this cliff all season!

Still very optimistic we cash in with something this week...storm #1 could be our friend in that it sets the stage to clobber us with the second system...one can hope. Everyone knows I'm not jumping until March 15th. I've been at the top of this cliff all season!

March 15?? That's like saying I guarantee Kentucky will beat LSU last night!

Shutout for CLT or bust baby!!

Actually I think that is probably what will happen next week.  We get a cutter (of course) but there's just enough dry cold air at the onset to get CLT a "T" of snow before it goes over to all rain.  Then we get a cold rain AND history taken away from us.  Yay!!!!!! :violin:

Shutout for CLT or bust baby!!

Actually I think that is probably what will happen next week.  We get a cutter (of course) but there's just enough dry cold air at the onset to get CLT a "T" of snow before it goes over to all rain.  Then we get a cold rain AND history taken away from us.  Yay!!!!!! :violin:

I love your optimism!

lol I've called it like I've seen it all winter, the models just kept spitting out fantasy patterns in the LR. From the get go, y'all can look back, the Tuesday storm looked unimpressive on models to me and just now people are bailing on it.. So I wouldn't say I was a negative nancy, just realistic. Literally that storm never looked good (except for an OP run yesterday that I tried to dismiss).

Bruh, I remember you yelled at me for saying this like right before the New year. I told you to come on over to the pessimistic side so you won't be disappointed when nothing happens,but you didn't want to.

i still say if Kentucky was in and played ACC teams all season they would have a couple of losses by now.  SEC isn't as tough in basketball where as football is a different story.

I agree.  I think it would help Kentucky if they were in the ACC this year.  My prediction is, if Kentucky goes into the NCAA tournament undefeated, they will not win the title.  If they lose during the regular season they'll win it all.  

Last winter wasn't really that different than this winter, there was little to no blocking or -NAO and the only decent storm was because of a pseudo block and 50/50 low caused by another storm. I remember after the cold blast last January when it got down below zero many places, it was raining a few days later. When will the NAO ever flip?

Archived