joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait for the UKMET to be on the mark with this one and for this one to continue to trend further and further south... so far south that I miss this to the north.  That'll be the ultimate kick in the nuts!  Metallic will be posting pictures of snowmen and cars crashing in Waycross while I'm sitting under sunny skies and 15 degrees!

;)

You get 2-4+ on the front-end, though.  That's like a blizzard in this winter, even if it gets washed away by the monsoon afterwards. :)

It'll still be depressing to watch my only accumulating snowfall of the season be washed away before my very eyes.

Thickness is meh though.

I took Monday-Tuesday off work 3 weeks ago. Last year, I was off Feb 11-15.

Guess I have a knack for sniffing out Feb snow threats.

It'll still be depressing to watch my only accumulating snowfall of the season be washed away before my very eyes.

I took Monday-Tuesday off work 3 weeks ago. Last year, I was off Feb 11-15.

Guess I have a knack for sniffing out Feb snow threats.

We need to hope for a very cold rain after the switchover.  With Snowmageddon in 2010, I got 2-3" prior to the changeover to 33/rain (and a lot of it) for the remainder of the day and, honestly, it didn't really put that much of a dent in the snowpack.  I was surprised.  It was probably better for the snowpack than a day of 50/sun would have been.  That said, you get 50s/rain and all bets are off!

The sun this time of year can be really brutal on a snowpack, though, so in some cases rain might actually be better.

We need to hope for a very cold rain after the switchover.  With Snowmageddon in 2010, I got 2-3" prior to the changeover to 33/rain (and a lot of it) for the remainder of the day and, honestly, it didn't really put that much of a dent in the snowpack.  I was surprised.  It was probably better for the snowpack than a day of 50/sun would have been.  That said, you get 50s/rain and all bets are off!

The sun this time of year can be really brutal on a snowpack, though, so in some cases rain might actually be better.

Looks like it'll be close to 50 by Tuesday evening on the GFS.

Well James... are you "all in" as usual? It seems you'll get every P-Type and plenty of it.

I'll probably get a few flakes of snow, then turn over to a couple pellets of sleet, then get a few drops of ZR before going over to rain, then shooting into the 60s before it's over with monsoon weather and a line of strong thunderstorms.

But, yes, I am in.  Why not be?  It's Fab Feb!  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao: Front-end snow is the best.  I fully expect to turn over to rain at some point, no matter what happens.

The GFS/GGEM can say whatever they like....there is no way, no how that the LP tracks straight into the teeth of a CAD Wedge.  if it gets deep enough, it will roll path of least resistance on the eastern side and we'll be in business!  Best looking setup so far of this winter (not that that's saying much lol)

The GFS/GGEM can say whatever they like....there is no way, no how that the LP tracks straight into the teeth of a CAD Wedge. if it gets deep enough, it will roll path of least resistance on the eastern side and we'll be in business! Best looking setup so far of this winter (not that that's saying much lol)

[brick] I don't see what's wrong with starting a thread. The storm is being talked about in 3 threads already. I don't know why we can't have a thread when there's a real possibility of snow here. It just seems silly. But everybody is so negative about threads. It's just weather. It shouldn't be that big of a deal really. [/brick]

Well, freezing rain is better than nothing I guess.  Still hoping to see some flakage before the upper levels get too warm.  It's been a long time since a major fzrn event in the upstate.  2005 maybe?  If I recall correctly, no power for almost a week.  I forgot what year it was, but prob late 90's early 00's, there was a major event at night that wasn't supposed to be extreme, but it just started pouring with temperatures in the upper 20's.  I'll never forget the sounds and constant turquoise flashes lighting up the sky.  I was out of school for a week after that.

The GFS/GGEM can say whatever they like....there is no way, no how that the LP tracks straight into the teeth of a CAD Wedge.  if it gets deep enough, it will roll path of least resistance on the eastern side and we'll be in business!  Best looking setup so far of this winter (not that that's saying much lol)

Has ANYTHING went the way that was expected/normally/way we're used to seeing this winter?

This may be the best setup "so far" but it's still not great.

I just think excitement should be tempered. We've been burned too much this season.

Every model, yes even including the GFS, gives me a warning criteria event.  I'm all in

Kind of the way I'm feeling at the moment.  Sure, it'll probably turn to rain if it happens at all, but it looks like the best setup of the winter at this time frame...  2011-2012 was saved by Fab Feb 19th, maybe this winter will be saved by Fab Feb 17th-18th?

Also, I was earlier speaking about it snowing on the snowpack after Snowmageddon, but the same happened here with the early March ice storm here last year.  The 3" glacier of ZR/IP was rained by by the deformation band during the mid-morning hours of March 7th.  The glacier was pretty resilient and, honestly, considering the sun angle at that time of year, it might have been better than full-sun would have been.  Quite a bit of rain, too.  It was kind of depressing to get rained on by the defo band, though. :lol:

Kind of the way I'm feeling at the moment. Sure, it'll probably turn to rain if it happens at all, but it looks like the best setup of the winter at this time frame... 2011-2012 was saved by Fab Feb 19th, maybe this winter will be saved by Fab Feb 17th-18th?

Also, I was earlier speaking about it snowing on the snowpack after Snowmageddon, but the same happened here with the early March ice storm here last year. The 3" glacier of ZR/IP was rained by by the deformation band during the mid-morning hours of March 7th. The glacier was pretty resilient and, honestly, considering the sun angle at that time of year, it might have been better than full-sun would have been. Quite a bit of rain, too. It was kind of depressing to get rained on by the defo band, though. :lol:

You just channeled your inner snowstorm2011,

Feb sun angle, FTW ! I'm glad Bricks asleep

Archived