joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I'm with you , knew it was this weekend, cold is real deal. I've been saying for days this week was glowing with potential, enough to gurantee a shutout was getting erased for us, even if it's a 2 hour front end thump of a half inch of cement and flakes. Easy pattern to recognize for such a small quest. And to think everyone sent brick to bed with those horrific gfs images in his head, yall ought to be ashamed.

Bruh, go to sleep.

If you go all the way back through the pbp thread .. it's like your reading the same stuff over and over and over.. models show something good out past 200 hrs and everyone gets excited. Then the next run it shows a big north trend.. Also the cold never verifies because the pv is never as far south a models show them 10 days out. Then the whole thread meltsdown... I've lost hope awhile back and there is no need in finding it now.

If you go all the way back through the pbp thread .. it's like your reading the same stuff over and over and over.. models show something good out past 200 hrs and everyone gets excited. Then the next run it shows a big north trend.. Also the cold never verifies because the pv is never as far south a models show them 10 days out. Then the whole thread meltsdown... I've lost hope awhile back and there is no need in finding it now.

Agreed, but this is the first time all winter that anyone can reasonably say that if we time something right we could actually get snow. I said last week that if we don't see snow by end of Feb then it will just be bad luck, terrible timing, etc....The cold shot in early Jan was brief and wasn't a snow pattern for us at all.

Agreed, but this is the first time all winter that anyone can reasonably say that if we time something right we could actually get snow. I said last week that if we don't see snow by end of Feb then it will just be bad luck, terrible timing, etc....The cold shot in early Jan was brief and wasn't a snow pattern for us at all.

The meltdown following the 12z GFS will rival my 3 year old. Why the emotional attachment to the snow, I haven't the faintest. But Mother Nature will do as she pleases and life invariably will go on.

Yes, unfortunately. What's got into Jon, all winter he's been the king of optimism, now he sounds bitter and jaded. Winters in RDU will do that to you, LOL.

I know man. I was wondering the same thing! If he's not careful, Brick will start scolding him for being a big negative nancy debbie downer.

Yes, unfortunately. What's got into Jon, all winter he's been the king of optimism, now he sounds bitter and jaded. Winters in RDU will do that to you, LOL.

it's even worse here in the mtns. Colder and wetter with very little snow. For met winter I have picked up 1 inch of snow with a couple traces. I received more snow in November than all of met winter. Absolutely terrible in a +pdo + enso year.

it's even worse here in the mtns. Colder and wetter with very little snow. For met winter I have picked up 1 inch of snow with a couple traces. I received more snow in November than all of met winter. Absolutely terrible in a +pdo + enso year.

Yeah, the mountain folks got to be really frustrated, no reason it should be this bad for you guys.

you guys are giving up on next tuesday and wednesday too early.  i think we finally cash in, just a feeling with all this cold air around next week.

I know man. I was wondering the same thing! If he's not careful, Brick will start scolding him for being a big negative nancy debbie downer.

lol I've called it like I've seen it all winter, the models just kept spitting out fantasy patterns in the LR. From the get go, y'all can look back, the Tuesday storm looked unimpressive on models to me and just now people are bailing on it.. So I wouldn't say I was a negative nancy, just realistic. Literally that storm never looked good (except for an OP run yesterday that I tried to dismiss). Now the Thursday storm has my attention and it has me very excited about that time frame late week if we can make it happen.

Archived