12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 5-6 Threat

WxMan1

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm, it has the gulf low in the western gulf, which was further west than prior runs (I thought)

I am wondering if the H placement has something to do with it.... notice on NAM its more NW than the GFS at 84... GFS sorta pushes it out to sea while the NAM brings it inland some

ETA:  Also note that the h5 energy is stronger and appears to be more consolidated at 84 on the NAM comparing it to the GFS which is a bit more strung out, weaker, and further NW.  NAM has h5 energy in GA while GFS has none... closest is all the way back in N AL

Unless we get extremely lucky with the timing I think the way to get accumulating snow is the precip associated with the front. That's what the Euro depicts and it's clearly on the GFS tonight. I think it would be an anafront situation where all the precip is behind the front. It certainty has a limit on how wet it could get but a couple of inches are quite possible. Any large storm or coastal coming together with the front would be very lucky  of which we have not been.

Euro does drop a 'bit' of snow from the front. The L is further NW on this run, but does nothing for us. And no surprise that it deepens hits NE pretty good.....like 1-2' in Maine. Woo

weathafella is already complaining about roads in his neighborhood bein' filled with snow, he is getting at least another foot overnight and today, and now MORE snow will hit his 'hood. I think he's getting OLD and he needs to move to South Florida, sit on a rockin chair with a striped pair of trousers and read old newspapers and enjoy the balmy breezes. He's lost his touch when it comes to shoveling snow. I think the NE is getting overwhelmed by a bit too much of what Ginxy refers to as 'epicosity' in the weather pattern LMAO. The Northeast and SNE'ers are about to be overwhelmed by a very systematic epicosity of snowstorms over the next two months at least. It's going to be entertaining to find out if they can handle all that fresh snow, or will it end up handling THEM lol? Will the National Guard need to dig them out?

weathafella is already complaining about roads in his neighborhood bein' filled with snow, he is getting at least another foot overnight and today, and now MORE snow will hit his 'hood. I think he's getting OLD and he needs to move to South Florida, sit on a rockin chair with a striped pair of trousers and read old newspapers and enjoy the balmy breezes. He's lost his touch when it comes to shoveling snow. I think the NE is getting overwhelmed by a bit too much of what Ginxy refers to as 'epicosity' in the weather pattern LMAO. The Northeast and SNE'ers are about to be overwhelmed by a very systematic epicosity of snowstorms over the next two months at least. It's going to be entertaining to find out if they can handle all that fresh snow, or will it end up handling THEM lol? Will the National Guard need to dig them out

too funny, however 2 distinct answers, both of which i did, 1) get a snow blower, portable,that can handle 6"-1 ft amounts, 2) get a suv 4 wheel drive, Works for me!! Have a surgically repaired lower back, snow shoveling is no longer possible!! Cant move either!!

These highs coming out of Canada have been slower and weaker all year, would not surprise me to see this thing end up coming up the coast in the end if that high slows up barrelling down the Plains.

Was thinking the exact same thing. We need to look no further than the rain storm from last night for evidence. 

Archived