amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keep it south and east until 72 hrs out and then let the nw trend do work.  i love seeing it suppressed this far out.

Those ensembles look EXACTLY the way we want them at a week out.  You factor in the certain NW trend and we've got a storm on our hands.  The question as always though, will any cold air be left by mid next week? 

It was a nice surprise to get a bunch of sleet rather than freezing rain/rain yesterday.  But I'm still hungry for some snow.  Just not the same. 

Those ensembles look EXACTLY the way we want them at a week out.  You factor in the certain NW trend and we've got a storm on our hands.  The question as always though, will any cold air be left by mid next week? 

It was a nice surprise to get a bunch of sleet rather than freezing rain/rain yesterday.  But I'm still hungry for some snow.  Just not the same. 

usually when the models give coastal sc snow you know points clt east are in the money because it always comes nw.  it being 6-7 days out probably means the models will lose it over the next few days but the overall pattern looks great for a shot at a big dog.  i agree that the sleet storm was great, but i want 8" of powder.

Yep, watching early next week like everyone else.  Models are chaotic with how they want to create a storm (northern stream, southern stream, or both), but the storm track is draped across the south during this timeframe on the models, which would obviously be good if it's right.

The GFS/Euro looked pure northern stream to me, this has been a big suckfest with the southern stream this winter.  

Here's the ECMWF ensemble mean MSLP at day 7. It's a nice Miller A look. There are plenty of individual ensemble members on the east side of the mean low, so a northwest trend over the coming days would be nice. For my sake though, let's keep the trends small instead of jumping 300 miles like some storm did. :)

bpsHNjm.png

The GFS/Euro looked pure northern stream to me, this has been a big suckfest with the southern stream this winter.  

Yes, but the previous Euro run brought out a southern system.  Also, the CMC had significant southern stream moisture, but was farther north.  That's why I said it seems chaotic.  We need to see some consistency regarding how the storm will form before taking the next step...but yeah, the latest trends have been to more of a northern stream oriented system.  One other note, this previous ice storm wouldn't have been nearly as moist without the moisture coming off of that baja low.

Anyone care to chime in on what would keep the day 8-10 storm from cutting . No 50/50 no -NAO are we putting our hope into a well timed PV flex?

Weenieism...LOL!

In all seriousness it's all going to depend on the ridge placement out west as has everything else this winter.  If that ridge is further west or flatter it'll cut imo.

Archived