joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PROGNOSTIC DISCUSSION FOR 6 TO 10NWS CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER COLLEGE PARK, MD 300 PM EST WED FEBRUARY 18 2015  6-10 DAY OUTLOOK FOR FEB 24 - 28 2015
...LATER IN THE PERIOD, THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR CYCLOGENESIS ALONG THE GULF COAST WHERE INCREASED CHANCES FOR ABOVE-MEDIAN PRECIPITATION ARE FORECAST.

I love it when WPC and CPC talk specific storm threats....and it seems they're really keying in on next week.  So Grit, are you all in on late next week? 

Omgd the clown map is crazy

Mine doesn't have anything north of GSP outside of 2 inches across much of the state....not that it really matters at all at this point. SV takes into account partial thickness. 850s and partial thickness really warm as the low comes in land. Ha I'll have to check out the AmericanWX maps. 

Can't believe no one is talking about this weekends storm, GFS has nearly 8" in Boone...that'd be the biggest storm of the season by far and even has the foothills in the 2-4" range

Well, my point forecast has snow/ip/zr and rain, but this is like the 4th time I've had frozen in the forecast, and they've all gone north.  I just can't get excited until I see it past the Ala boarder, and past the desleetalizers, lol.  I'm always up for any chances, but I'm much more interested in seeing something form up early in the week, and underneath.  When they drag by from above it never ends well down here :)  T

Well, my point forecast has snow/ip/zr and rain, but this is like the 4th time I've had frozen in the forecast, and they've all gone north.  I just can't get excited until I see it past the Ala boarder, and past the desleetalizers, lol.  I'm always up for any chances, but I'm much more interested in seeing something form up early in the week, and underneath.  When they drag by from above it never ends well down here :)  T

Good point Tony.

Archived