Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

Weenieism...LOL!

In all seriousness it's all going to depend on the ridge placement out west as has everything else this winter.  If that ridge is further west or flatter it'll cut imo.

Yeah, the ridge is tall enough and in just the right location to allow the PV to press and keep the system suppressed. Since there's no blocking, it is going to depend greatly on the ridging -- where it sets up and how it's shaped/oriented/configured.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually don't hate this threat. I would like to see a better representation of a cold air feed, but the fact that there's no real system on the Op GFS (or it's just squashed) is fine.

I don't hate it either.  The main problem I have is the GL low that seems to be a constant the past 2 years.  There is a 1028 hp that is being pushed NE by the GL low.

The trough placement on the GEFS is about perfect for us, only issue with that is that it's the GEFS and it's usually a little to far east, let's see what the EPS looks like.  Nothing is stopping this from cutting though, if it's a strong SLP it will probably be another miller b.

post-2311-0-89273800-1424283380_thumb.pn

I like next week too.  I just don't know which days to like   :arrowhead:   I think all eyes will be on another buried baja low and when/if it kicks out

Yeah, so tired of these pure northern stream systems, it was nice to see the GFS finally send out the whole low, but it was just a couple days later. 

The cut off get's left behind, that's shared by all the globals and the GEFS but it does dig the NS energy enough for a weak wave, ILM get's 8" of snow.   Would be a shame to not atleast see one SLP track across the northern golf and round the corner...

and out comes the cutoff just in time to not give us a huge storm. 

The cut off get's left behind, that's shared by all the globals and the GEFS but it does dig the NS energy enough for a weak wave, ILM get's 8" of snow.   Would be a shame to not atleast see one SLP track across the northern golf and round the corner...

Isn't this where we need it to be at this time frame with the usual NW trends?

It's fine, the southern low is in Tx and is weakening, nothing drops down to phase with it.  Atleast through 198.

Energy heads north somehow and just fizzles out. Energy behind it might get us there....too bad it's out past 200 lol. 

The PV drop and sfc high pressure looks really good.  It looks like what happens is there are multiple pieces of energy rotating into the baja low and it gets sheared....translation - next week is interesting   :)

The PV drop and sfc high pressure looks really good.  It looks like what happens is there are multiple pieces of energy rotating into the baja low and it gets sheared....translation - next week is interesting   :)

Yeah, I agree, we looks to go in the freezer again, just need some precip, a lot of it, to ram into it.  We need to get to this weekend to get this Sat/Sun storm developed and out of the way, see how the models handle that and what effects it has on things.

Archived