joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro does actually have some back end snow on this run for 2/2 for NC.

just curious, where is the LP, and how strong is it?

On a different note, for people who subscribe to and do the euro pbp's, who do you subscribe from? I've used accuweather pro before but I can only access the euro when the entire run is done (at around 2:30).

Take that back about the GFS, EURO is further north with SB system. and looks like some snow for the MTNS for next wed, but rain everywhere else..NICE arctic push coming in after?

I still think it's coming south but not enough to matter for any of us. I wouldn't give up if I was in Richmond though.

There is no reason to look at the euro at 144. It can't even get a 96 forecast right. It seems the euro falls farther and farther every year.

your funny!  :)  You act like the euro is on the same lines as the CMC  hahahah Every model has struggled, but wow bro...you mad because winter has sucked?  Honest question.  I know the answer, but yes....models have sucked this year, including the EURO, but its still BY FAR the best mid range model (and LR for that matter)

There is no reason to look at the euro at 144. It can't even get a 96 forecast right. It seems the euro falls farther and farther every year.

LOL, yep.  Either way things have never trended better for us inside day 4 this winter.   Tough to take one on the chin this winter, but good news is it can't get worse next winter....although it may not be better either.

I see the GFS/GEFS/Euro all went north a little and the CMC ticked south a little.  There is a consensus growing, the debate now is whether NoVA jackpots or the NE jackpots.  Both areas have had some good snow this winter so let's see who has the most luck.

your funny! :) You act like the euro is on the same lines as the CMC hahahah Every model has struggled, but wow bro...you mad because winter has sucked? Honest question. I know the answer, but yes....models have sucked this year, including the EURO, but its still BY FAR the best mid range model (and LR for that matter)

yes I am frustrated about this winter. That was not the reason for my post about the euro. Since the 2nd half of winter 10-11 it has not been as good of a model for the east coast. While it still scores slightly better than the gfs the gap is closing. I would like to see verification scores broken down by area and not just the northern hemisphere. No one cares if the euro is spectacular in Siberia or Mongolia. This is not 09-10 anymore when we can laugh at the gfs and ride the euro from 120 on. Even the eps have been subpar, just check out your thread from December. So basically my point is the whole "ride the euro" or "euro's wheelhouse" comments really need to be put to bed. Unfortunately it's just not as good as it was. Like I said before, the euro is a 40 year old former Cy young winner who only has a low 90's fastball and an Era of 4.00. But people still think about his, or its glory days.

Sorry. For two days there have been so many ups and downs with this storm big on Carolina virginia line. To rain to big to rain so in 48 hour it has gone from yes to yes now no and that's that no more model runs could even help in the next 3.5 to 4.5 day just done winter over?

No model is going to be correct 100% of the time. With that said, you bet against the Euro much you will be a loser. Euro is still King (until it's calling for snow in the SE) then it's a piece of crap. Lol Bad as I hate it, it looks as though this winter is a big ole screw job for us. Of course we can still get a fluke ULL roll through and give a few peeps some snow in the next 45 days. It's so bad I'm ready for warm weather! But I'm sure it will be a cold and wet spring. Just our luck

Another great track w/ a gulf low around day 7 on the 18z gfs but no cold air. It seems we either have no cold air or the push of cold is so strong the storm gets squashed or pushed east.

SE ridge with +AO/NAO/EPO equals no cold air. Even with a 1036 hp over the lakes with SLP tracking to our SE off the coast. Is there really any doubt about the snow prospects for remainder of the year.

I'm giving it until tomorrow's 12z suite.  If I recall correctly, it was sometime on late Friday when the models picked up on the Monday night/Tuesday blizzard.  A 100-150 mile shift at this point is not out of the question.  I do admit is it unlikely but still holding out hope.

TW

Archived