• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

It would take an act of god to shift this 100-150 miles south in the next 3-4 days.  I think we can kiss this threat goodbye.  Nice widespread winter storm though.  If anything this may shift north a bit.

I don't think this track is likely. It's kind of the middle ground between north and squished and I think either of those possibilities is more likely. Unfortunately neither of them do us much good.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't buy the GFS being so far north.  Its trying to have to much southern energy to make the storm either stronger, or further north.  If the euro comes north, maybe its possible...but this tells me that GFS is a bit too far north. This should slide further south given the look.

At 84, if you're along a line from Spartanburg to Monroe to Raleigh, you're -1 at 850. Surface temps are on fire though, from 44 to GSO to around 48 at GSP. 

Yikes...thought it would be closer just how it looked on the surface...there is a lot of WAA associated with it though so I should have known. 

2/5 event misses us on the CMC but gives ATL a nice consultation prize of 1-2 inches with some energy behind it on 2/6. 

The models are playing catch-up here and seem to be converging toward an idea of a consolidated LP tracking further south and east than shown just 36 hours ago. There's still time, it seems, for this to shift to a favorable solution for at least some parts of NC, whether it be the northern tier/VA border counties or the western part of the state. 

Let's see what the EURO brings.

This is the winter of cold rain.  So much.....cold rain.  It looks to continue next week. 

Exactly to many what if.  The models have not been right at all this year.  It is going to take the perfect timing for us to get something this year.  Never works out cold chasing moisture.  Im sure something will pop out of gulf before March.  

Archived