• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Med Range Discussion days 3-10 pbp II

buckeyefan1

VERY close to snow for all of NC  2m a bit warm, but looks like 35-38 degree range. 850/s are 0 to -2c from RDU and get colder westward...might turn into something nice folks.

Yeah, I have to wonder if the Euro might be overdoing the surface temperatures, though I might just be wishcasting.  Not to worry, though, because it will all be different in another 12 hours on the next run.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stay 10 miles away from the 32 degree line throughout the event lolz.

This one was close for at least the VA/NC border counties. Better than a cutter, I guess?

Your area is kind of in a precip minima on this run with the heavier precip from the southern portion not really making it north of I-40 while the northern portion mostly misses your area to the north.  Of course, it will all be different at 12z.

Yeah, I have to wonder if the Euro might be overdoing the surface temperatures, though I might just be wishcasting.  Not to worry, though, because it will all be different in another 12 hours on the next run.

I could see that easily especially with all the snowpack to our north and northeast

While it's encouraging the models keep trending closer without that high getting in faster and sticking around we are stuck in a situation where if it's suppressed we don't have enough moisture to work with. If it's wound up there is too much WAA around. One good thing, it seems with every run of the GEFS it gets colder for the Carolinas. Another annoyance is that the models can't seem to hold on to one solution after the storm for more than one run. We've gone from torch to deep freeze to seasonal in two days. 

Wow great trends overnight for TN/VA and points north. Northern NC is still by far in the game. I could be completely off by saying this however I feel as though the trends this year have been different than years past whereas the storms would usually trend northwest in the 4-5 day timeframe. This year it seems they are all trending southeast in the same timeframe. I have a really good feeling about this one the closer it comes to range for a lot of people on here. Let's get it!!

FWIW, the 12z NAM ends up with a low over Nashville.  Earlier in the run (around hour 60), it appears to want to split the energy into two pieces, part in TX and another part a couple of hundred miles north in the plains.  However by the end, it consolidates into one piece.  I don't think we know right now which piece might be more dominant, or if the energy might stay consolidated.  A stronger high would be helpful.

Archived