joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With 19" from the latest storm, how does the snow depth only go up by 11".  Same on the other big storms.

How about the gap of getting 28" only giving 15" additional lol.  That's just how it goes.  In my 72" I only Finally hit 30" yesterday EVEN IN THIS Historic stretch of storm after storm after storm after storm.  

Normals are steadily climbing now. I'm not sure that'll be enough to take down 1934.

Yeah the departure should be listed rather than the raw temp...the raw temp is decieiving since it doesn't take into account that climo is quite a bit warmer the last 10 days of February. Still, it's gonna be pretty close amyway just because the progs are pretty cold.

I doubt we'll beat 1934. A top 5 February looks likely though.

Climo is like 20/40 now so we'll start putting a dent in 16.2 degrees. 

The fact that we are even in the same ballpark is impressive though.  The combination of snow and cold has been a standout so far this month.

My average low is zero for the month and the last time I did that was January 1994 and before that it was December 1989.  Both of those are standouts for cold and I think this month does as well.

Including today, if using MEX guidance for the next 8 days and climo for the last three days, that would put BDL at 17.9 for February. Just squeaking into #2. 1934 will be a challenge to meet, but the fact that we're even having the conversation is something special.

Just put all of this in perspective : snow today, maybe inv trof stuff tomorrow, more snow thursday timeframe, maybe a brief lull before the weekend and a 3 day overrunning deal on the weekend. I mean WTF. 

Just speaking for mby (not to discourage folks from discussing synoptics, regardless), seems like scattered snowshowers this week, 2-5" of snow before a flip to rain over the weekend. 

Perhaps things trend better, but hardly  has me positioned at the edge of my seat at present.

Has a Feb 2011 anticlimatic kind of feel imo.

Next week not withstanidng...

Archived