• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

Well, that would be a break, will talk about that if we get a blizz next week. Scott, doesn't matter gow much we missed by, we missed. All that matters

That's different. I'm referring to the other comments about a pattern change to milder wx and no nor'easters. Of course we have to get a break at some point. :lol:

And as far as missing by 60 miles, nobody can claim that 8 days out. 

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see how the public feels about "no nor'easters" when we have 7" turned to rain and then flash frozen. I'm sure they'll love that change.

The op euro is in fact advertising a swfe with front end snow to rain and flash freeze in the d6 range with serious cold and snow chances to follow. Pete better hope it's not right (probable).

It really doesn't seem that complicated

when you read what he said and take in to effect the retro of the trough

if you take him out of context it sounds ridiculous

the statement just says a break from 1' nor'easters , not really going out on a limb , could still get a foot from over-running blah blah , NBD really. Just wouldn't make the post something it wasn't. Did he get lucky with this Storm tomorrow, I don't know did it ever have 1' + potential?

It really doesn't seem that complicated

when you read what he said and take in to effect the retro of the trough

if you take him out of context it sounds ridiculous

the statement just says a break from 1' nor'easters , not really going out on a limb , could still get a foot from over-running blah blah , NBD really. Just wouldn't make the post something it wasn't.

Someone said he it true no Nor'easters anymore on air. Very dumb.

Well the public cares. If you say no more nor'easters..it sounds like winter is done. If you say we may potentially relax (which is what I said for two days), that is different.  Everything I see points to a continued active pattern, minus 850 temps of -30C. Sure we may not get 20" every week..but it looks active.

Well the public cares. If you say no more nor'easters..it sounds like winter is done. If you say we may potentially relax (which is what I said for two days), that is different.  Everything I see points to a continued active pattern, minus 850 temps of -30C. Sure we may not get 20" every week..but it looks active.

He kind of walked it back later saying he felt there was a pattern change but others in the office had differing opinions, I didn't stay around to hear him elaborate.

Classic euro, Probably won't happen.

Agreed.  However, it will happen at some point, I just doubt its this weekend.  But that cutter is coming at some point, haha.

Euri is already weaker than the 00z run. I wouldn't sweat a cutter yet.

No one should sweat anything, even if it were to rain.  Historic run down there, no one should complain even if winter ended today (not happening, just for example).  Like Ginxy said, if it ended today, its still an A+ winter for SNE due to the incredible 3 weeks.

That is referring to a comment made earlier last week about no nor'easters. We got buried yesterday and then just miss tomorrow. It's just a silly comment to make. 

not to beat a dead horse (seriously I don't mean to) lol , but I keep seeing this mis-quoted, he said no more nor'easters after Sunday's 1'+storm "in the pipe line" not for the year.

not to beat a dead horse (seriously I don't mean to) lol , but I keep seeing this mis-quoted, he said no more nor'easters after Sunday's 1'+storm.

Still a dumb comment. Why not just say it looks like it will relax and we may be done with getting 30" every week. That's an awful statement to make to the public. As someone who has to communicate to the public, it's a horrible statement.

Still a dumb comment. Why not just say it looks like it will relax and we may be done with getting 30" every week. That's an awful statement to make to the public. As someone who has to communicate to the public, it's a horrible statement.

I think what it comes down to is that they get lax with terminology when addressing the public....like during the blizzard they were attributing the heavy band n and w of Boston to the cf, despite it being along he immediate coast.

It was due to the deformation band, but they just generalize and do not pay attention to detail.

It doesn't matter to anyone but us.

Archived