• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February pattern discussion

Typhoon Tip

Yeah Tippy, I think the MJO is helping to retro the ridge a bit. I spoke about it in the model thread. However a new wave may push east again later this month..hopefully in time for March. The EC tried to end the pattern, but then had a -EPO push on the 00z run. In short, the long wave pattern may retro a bit, but I still have trouble finding signs of a regime shift. The models really seem to struggle after day 10 lately with H5.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calling for a full fledged pattern change and no more nor'easters after the one a week ago is pretty bad.

I didn't hear what he said .....but we all know they dumb things down for the public. He wasn't speaking at an AMS convention, jesus. As far as joe $hittheragman goes, we are going from frigid with a weekly blizzard, to merely cold with small storms. Try explaining to the angry mob at the MBTA station why that isn't a change.

Does anyone have the "Bouchard Clip" to see/hear what he said verbatim regarding a pattern chance in February.

There is that annoying trend with all "on air" mets to be "sorry" and "remorseful" about delivering news that is going to snow like they personally "love". I wish one on Air met had the cajones to say "the pattern I have dreamt about is occurring" .

I didn't hear what he said .....but we all know they dumb things down for the public. He wasn't speaking at an AMS convention, jesus. As far as joe $hittheragman goes, we are going from frigid with a weekly blizzard, to merely cold with small storms. Try explaining to the angry mob at the MBTA station why that isn't a change.

He said it before we got belted again....saying we don't. He's a freaking moron.

It's just another "going out on a limb, let me throw sh*t against the wall and see if it sticks," comment. I didn't hear it either, but just going by what others said. I mean obviously climo is getting warmer, but is that what he means? That justifies a change? I can go out and say the pattern relaxes a bit since this is highly anomalous and be correct too...but it just sounds like another "I don't give a sh*t" comment from him, and it annoys me.

He said it before we got belted again....saying we don't. He's a freaking moron.

Well if that is the case, he was wrong ....but something IS changing. The ridge is retrograding. Change. I didn't say shorts and T-shirt, but talking mid December to mid January is akin ro the meteorological version of the book "Flowers for algernon"....

Well if that is the case, he was wrong ....but something IS changing. The ridge is retrograding. Change. I didn't say shorts and T-shirt, but talking mid December to mid January is akin ro the meteorological version of the book "Flowers for algernon"....

a

A wonderful but very sad book! The thing is, if we get weekly 6 inches from here on out the public will continue to groan until there is multiday thaw. Then they will get very wet below the knee...lol.

I see this post on his twitter feed, thou he certainly could have said more on air

"If I told you this was the last nor'easter in the pipeline, could you handle another 1ft. + Saturday/Sunday"  seems pretty much spot on with Tippy's post that this "long wave storm" is finally over.

I see this post on his twitter feed, thou he certainly could have said more on air

"If I told you this was the last nor'easter in the pipeline, could you handle another 1ft. + Saturday/Sunday"  seems pretty much spot on with Tippy's post that this "long wave storm" is finally over.

Sounds awful lot like modeling right now. I don't interpret that is spring time, but rather THIS ongoing succession og MAJOR snow events is ending. Sounds alot like what Tippy cup just said.

Well obviously we can't keep up with this run, but if we warm up a bit, but also continue with storminess, is that a correct statement?

In the context of the "long wave storm being over" it sure is

"If I told you this was the last nor'easter in the pipeline, could you handle another 1ft. + Saturday/Sunday"  the Pipe line doesn't refer to the end of the year, so I am not sure how the rumor started. I don't like PB much, but I call em like I read em.

Sounds awful lot like modeling right now. I don't interpret that is spring time, but rather THIS ongoing succession og MAJOR snow events is ending. Sounds alot like what Tippy cup just said.

It's a bold and possibly wrong statement. I would argue the risk for juicier storms is now higher and timed right he could end up with more egg on his face than desired.

In the context of the "long wave storm being over" it sure is

"If I told you this was the last nor'easter in the pipeline, could you handle another 1ft. + Saturday/Sunday"  the Pipe line doesn't refer to the end of the year, so I am not sure how the rumor started. I don't like PB much, but I call em like I read em.

What the hell does that even mean? Long wave storm? 

I'm referring to the lack of storms as he is saying. How can you say no storms, that is idiotic. We are 60 miles from another warning event tomorrow..lol. Good grief.

Archived