mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
January 29/30 Clipper

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

low on the nam is a smidge sw (as it develops)...that's very good for Maine.  Best shot for SE MA is during the wind up about lunchtime tomorrow afternoon, band may be kind of pinned over parts of EMA for a few hours,  then it moves off and we pray for backlash.  Good mood snows,  another burying in Maine. Not much of that SW jiggle.

May be a sloppy afternoon commute

Im surprised BOX bit on the warning. From what i have read here they seem to be forecasting the max case scenario for Ne mass and even Boston now,And again seems like We are the ones on edge of decent precip for second part .

I hope it comes together but is any met here expecting 5+ inches in the city ....

Im surprised BOX bit on the warning. From what i have read here they seem to be forecasting the max case scenario for Ne mass and even Boston now,And again seems like We are the ones on edge of decent precip for second part .

I hope it comes together but is any met here expecting 5+ inches in the city ....

Boston is not under a warning...just an advisory.

THOUGHT PROCESS WAS SNOWFALL MAY FALL JUST SHORT OF WARNING AND/OR

ADVISORY CRITERIA BUT REALIZING ANY ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL WILL BE

PROBLEMATIC REGARDING SNOW REMOVAL ESPECIALLY IN THE URBAN AREAS

THAT RECEIVED 30+ EARLIER THIS WEEK. ALSO ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL MAY

RESULT IN SNOW LOAD/STRESS TO ROOFS. THEREFORE OUR WARNINGS AND

ADVISORIES ARE SOMEWHAT BASED ON IMPACTS TOO.

The front end on this thing is looking worse with each run...I wouldn't be surprised if it's mostly an inch or so for the first round.

I guess we'll see what the other 00z guidance says, but I'm not overly impressed.

Yeah, it's kind of breaking bad on every model....lightest models look worse, heaviest models too.   RGEM and NAM have a nice band down my way as the low forms but I think it's probably going to be non-accumulating precip.  Could be a flash flip in the heavy band for a few hours, or just a steady moderate rain. 

Timing could be such that the morning commute blows alone Rte 3 from the Cape into Boston - or it could be partly rain.  That band moves out then another around lunch that is the same way, that rotates out and then it's waiting for backlash which looks like it wants to miss on these models.

The front end on this thing is looking worse with each run...I wouldn't be surprised if it's mostly an inch or so for the first round.

I guess we'll see what the other 00z guidance says, but I'm not overly impressed.

I knew it.

I haven't had a good feeling.

I at least want an aggregate 1.5" from both rounds.

I knew it.

I haven't had a good feeling.

I at least want an aggregate 1.5" from both rounds.

I thought this morning you were all about this trending into warning criteria?

At any rate, there's still some uncertainty with that back end stuff in E and NE MA that could produce.

Archived