• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 29/30 Clipper

HoarfrostHubb

May not be the type of system that falls in the wheelhouse of the rgem. My biggest concern isn't qpf I just think we may be too warm here. It actually looks really good to me overnight tomorrow

I agree about the morning. I can see a couple of good bursts even here I think.

This could easily throw back more tomorrow night. GFS 700 low makes me nervous for that.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would this be different than the one we just saw? Its the same deal of how quickly the low gets going once it gets out over the ocean.

Because most of what would fall in eastern SNE falls as backlash. If the RGEM was to believed beyond it nailing the initial blowup to peak intensity, it sucked at that same point for the backlash.

It was way too progressive. I think one run had like .2" in the 12 hours we got 1". Likewise although I stopped paying attention I think up towards Maine it was not nearly intense enough.

Two different things .... Being good with initial low development to capture/peak vs mature stages of storms.

I may be wrong and this is less bullish tonight based on some improved initializion or obvious errors.....but model tunnel vision is what had the fiasco happening down the coast. Every storm is different and I really don't see this as being the same as the last.

Boston map looks fine, maybe aggressive outside of 495? I think all of the coastal counties get good qpf and this first band overnight should go ape as it tries to exit....but temps??

Also under a WSW here, with Cambridge specifically mentioned in the warning, for 4-8". 4" might happen total, but I highly doubt we hit 6", even adding the two totals

not optimal given the driving/walking conditions around town right now. its a mess!

That is probably a typo as they don't have that pixel color for that grid, Plus if there was a place to have that, It would be over Millinocket where Mt Katahdin is

They have a random 18-24 typo in there. Looks good otherwise.

Look more closely. There's a weenie 18-24" colored pixel with it.

Archived