• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

It is the MA so you can expect a bunch of rain and heart break as a snow lover there. You do get big ones some years so it could be worse? Ignore NE and that will help? Or like my new back yard third straight day of record highs in the 60's!

And so it begins......the final desperate waiting period begins, even as the Northeast loads up on fresh snow.

When we have above freezing temps, like last night, we always have plenty of moisture.

When we are at 29 degrees, like now, we are begging for a dusting.

That is the summary of the life of a Mid Atlantic snow enthusiast.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any Leesburg area reports for me? Sounded like enough to coat the grass

I don't know about Leesburg but here everything was green until an hour ago (all rain) and now the mulch is covered (barely) but grass still not even tinted white.  I am about 15 miles south of Leesburg as the crow flies

Yes.  I'm sure some deformation bands will go over NYC and WLI for a few hours, but the trend east with the low certainly doesn't help the case for 2ft+.  I think we should all be interested in this type of storm since modeling can be inspected better than your standard run of the mill 6-10 inch storm.  Think about it, the NAM shows ~3.5" QPF over NYC, while the RGEM shows 0.7" (after 18z).  That's a 500% difference in a storm modeled less than 24 hours out with models of generally the same spatial resolution! Notes should be taken.

Just take a blend of the two models, thats about 2 inches of QPF and still a 20 inch snow, more snow if the temps are taken into account for snow to water ratios.

It is the MA so you can expect a bunch of rain and heart break as a snow lover there. You do get big ones some years so it could be worse? Ignore NE and that will help? Or like my new back yard third straight day of record highs in the 60's!

Yeah, I do try not to read the NE forums lol. However, I hope NYC and Boston get 3 feet of snow with 15 foot drifts and 70 mph wind gusts lol

EDIT - I have some light snow at 32/32 degrees. I am getting close to achieving a car top covering. This sure beats hours of steady rain lol

Archived