famartin

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OBS

32.7F

Rain

Winds light NE

Looking at all those other OBS in this thread, here, there's maybe about 0.75" of wet slop left with some ice coating the colder metal surfaces.  When you can see the ripples of the grass under the blanket of snow, you know there ain't much there. No way there was more than maybe an inch before it changed to rain.

Philly itself got screwed I think (what's new?)...the burbs did pretty well.

OBS

32.7F

Rain

Winds light NE

Looking at all those other OBS in this thread, here, there's maybe about 0.75" of wet slop left with some ice coating the colder metal surfaces.  When you can see the ripples of the grass under the blanket of snow, you know there ain't much there. No way there was more than maybe an inch before it changed to rain.

amazing.. ..I believe youre in chestnut hill (?)

10 minute drive up bethlehem pike toward ambler we had 4" (not even your elevation helped!)

amazing.. ..I believe youre in chestnut hill (?)

10 minute drive up bethlehem pike toward ambler we had 4" (not even your elevation helped!)

That's where I be!  The plows scraped the main streets overnight but not really much to scrape.  I've been looking at say, the Horsham OBS and seems anywhere 5 - 7 miles N & W got a jackpot.  Rain/snow line must have hovered around here S & E.

1.6" of snow before the changeover last night and a quarter inch of new snow/slush on the driveway where I shoveled (from that surprise snow burst before it wound down around 4 am). 1.8" total.

Regardless, awesome to see snow on the ground, and it's dense too. Will make a nice base going forward, especially if we get some fresh "powdah" tomorrow night/Monday. Consider me pleased :-).

And congrats to all of you to the north who did great with this storm!

Wow way more than we have down here in the low country of Delaware County Media  2.3" with robbins chirping in the background while shoveling slop that weighs a ton!!  34.2 degrees with drizzle.. Great to see the ground white even if it did rain for most of the night here after 12:45 AM... Bring on the colder storm Sunday Night into Monday

Great to see 6"+ amounts not far away just goes to show you at least for north and west it can:

1.  Snow without a big cold high

2.  Snow with a +NAO

3.  Snow with above normal ocean temps etc etc.

Love proving myself wrong it has been a humbling experience since late December and weather will keep your humble or at least it should!!

Wow way more than we have down here in the low country of Delaware County Media  2.3" with robbins chirping in the background while shoveling slop that weighs a ton!!  34.2 degrees with drizzle.. Great to see the ground white even if it did rain for most of the night here after 12:45 AM... Bring on the colder storm Sunday Night into Monday

Great to see 6"+ amounts not far away just goes to show you at least for north and west it can:

1.  Snow without a big cold high

2.  Snow with a +NAO

3.  Snow with above normal ocean temps etc etc.

Love proving myself wrong it has been a humbling experience since late December and weather will keep your humble or at least it should!!

Isn't that the truth!

I was pleasantly surprised since I had set the bar at 1 inch here.

There's snow on the ground, what's not to like?

eta: speaking of low country, what's your elevation there? I'm at 370'....

Archived