• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

Heisy

EVERY storm, yes EVERY storm, the NAM has a run right before the event where it has some crazy ass west shift, then it adjusts back E. It did during NEMO. For a model that NWS uses to have a 100 mile shift 12 hours before an event is absolutely absurd. And some of us look at the NAM 84 hours out. This model needs to be upgraded, and in a HUGE way. It is a joke of the wx community and might cost some mets. around the area one helluva fire storm come tomorrow morning when people wake up to 2" on the ground. 

They are calling for 18-24 inches here!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EVERY storm, yes EVERY storm, the NAM has a run right before the event where it has some crazy ass west shift, then it adjusts back E. It did during NEMO. For a model that NWS uses to have a 100 mile shift 12 hours before an event is absolutely absurd. And some of us look at the NAM 84 hours out. This model needs to be upgraded, and in a HUGE way. It is a joke of the wx community and might cost some mets. around the area one helluva fire storm come tomorrow morning when people wake up to 2" on the ground. 

So how are things wherever you wound up? Give us some reports and post some pics so we can get a second hand snow high!

same here, but i'm already off tomorrow so i have nothing to do but enjoy. hoping for a heavy band or two and I'll be satisfied. way more important things to stress about other than snow,

I am working from home tomorrow, and already on my second Boulevard Double Wide IPA. Storm looks great to me :)

NWS just made a post on fb, still expecting 4-6/6-8 in the LV. Either they still see this coming more west, or they are backing off in increments instead of all at once .

Sent from my iPhone

That was my thought. Rather than jump ship they are crawling down the side in case it floats long enough to live. I would do the same.

Archived