Newest Member
    joxey
1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

Heisy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone substantiate this?

A poster on the Accuweather forums (which I really can't stand because there is no regional focus, but was browsing due to American's recent issues) said a meteorologist named Larry Cosgrove is saying:

"Storm center is tracking a good 75 miles west of most numerical model forecasts."

No idea who he is, but am curious if one of one of our forum viewers could confirm or deny this.  If true would have some interesting implications...

Thanks!

Larry Cosgrove posted that on facebook about 35 minutes ago. have not seen any other met say that though.

Latest Wxsim program with 18z GFS/NAM but NO Euro input for NW Chester County PA - it has done a great job since last nights run's we shall see if it continues

Storm total snow in brackets (2.5" so far) 

Just light snow and flurries thru 930pm then snow picks up in intensity

10pm Moderate Snow temp 19.1 (3.5")

1am Moderate Snow temp 18.9 (4.6")

4am Heavy Snow temp 19.5 (6.5")

7am Heavy Snow temp 19.5 (8.9")

lighter snow after 9am

12pm Total Snow (10.4")

Unfortunately there was no further detail provided, and all the related posts are asking for information....  I'll post any clarification I see.

LC once got mad at the internet and stopped posting on USENET because a bunch of weather weenies called him out for bad forecasting of a squall line that was passing through the Susquehanna Valley.  Larry likes people to read his words and will say anything that will add to the clicks...whether right or wrong.

LC once got mad at the internet and stopped posting on USENET because a bunch of weather weenies called him out for bad forecasting of a squall line that was passing through the Susquehanna Valley.  Larry likes people to read his words and will say anything that will add to the clicks...whether right or wrong.

He's a respectful meteorologist, and not the type that cares about clicks. 

Since he's not here to defend himself, I gotta say something. 

Plus, for weenies to hold such a grudge for so long over something so minor...speaks for itself. 

100% agree LC is one of the all-time greats. Very respected and not into hype in any way.

I would love to see him come back to the Philly area

Plus, for weenies to hold such a grudge for so long over something so minor...speaks for itself. 

LC is a mild mannered DT.   Nice guy but lacking skill for the profession when it comes to forecasting live events.  I will not hijack the thread anymore but the poster asked for information on him so it was given. 

Archived