joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

Heisy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering the same thing Kevin Riley. It looks like a low level spin just off the SNJ coast. Could that be the new coastal? Hopefully the radar starts to fill in nicely

The nam had like 4 low centers the other night. Next few hours critical to see which takes over as the new main low pressure area.

Very disjointed right now.

Not really...this solid wall is heading E to W as far as I can see while heading up the coast....just takes time.

This gives me hope . I'm in northwest NCCo Delaware (Pike Creek) and think I am just a biiiiittttt too far west for anything crazy.  However, I don't think 6" is unreasonable given the dynamics, size of the storm, west trend in some of the models, and the fact that the radar is beginning to really fill in.  (Of course, I am still praying, perhaps foolishly, for a foot!)   :whistle:

NAM didn't have any thing going until 10 pm...still 4 hours and radar looks great offshore. patience people. it's the one thing i dislike about miller b's is there's always 1 or 2 weenies that cry bust before it even begins that then post they've never seen it snow harder in their lives 6 hours later. 

NAM didn't have any thing going until 10 pm...still 4 hours and radar looks great offshore. patience people. it's the one thing i dislike about miller b's is there's always 1 or 2 weenies that cry bust before it even begins that then post they've never seen it snow harder in their lives 6 hours later. 

Pretty much....9-10pm things should start kicking in.

The nam had like 4 low centers the other night. Next few hours critical to see which takes over as the new main low pressure area.

Very disjointed right now.

No idea what you mean by this.  Energy always pours offshore and than consolidates.  After all these years, you should know what clipper/nor'easters  do.

Can anyone substantiate this?

A poster on the Accuweather forums (which I really can't stand because there is no regional focus, but was browsing due to American's recent issues) said a meteorologist named Larry Cosgrove is saying:

"Storm center is tracking a good 75 miles west of most numerical model forecasts."

No idea who he is, but am curious if one of one of our forum viewers could confirm or deny this.  If true would have some interesting implications...

Thanks!

A poster on the Accuweather forums (which I really can't stand because there is no regional focus, but was browsing due to American's recent issues) said a meteorologist named Larry Cosgrove is saying:

"Storm center is tracking a good 75 miles west of most numerical model forecasts."

No idea who he is, but am curious if one of one of our forum viewers could confirm or deny this.  If true would have some interesting implications...

Thanks!

LC use to be a local weather guy

Thanks!

im not sure what model or models he is referring to, but i am not seeing a 75 mile difference.  but i will defer to the experts on this one.  Plus i swear there is something like this always posted with any east coast storm

Archived