• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

Heisy

No way, not for this area.  There was always a chance it wasn't going to be a big deal here.   If the storm busts all the way up the coast, then maybe it can be discussed, but as of now, no way

I was talking about the total storm, particularly NYC. The media hype is outrageous.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking about the total storm, particularly NYC. The media hype is outrageous.

it's still not close. the hype was for 4 days, 3 feet up and down the coast from dc-boston.  plus I think NY, particularly LI are still going to do pretty decently here, and Southern new england is going to get slammed.

LI had a foot in March 2001.

SnowTotals-05Mar01.jpg

yeah, over 4 days.  unfortunately, i remember it all too well, i was on long island at my father's funeral, we had to change the schedule and everything because of the forecast, and basically it was a few days of light snow that added up to a foot in a few places. 

I feel bipolar. Ten minutes and feeling pretty bad about the storm, and now I'm excited by that radar. Would look so cool to watch a sudden burst of heavy snow for the beginning of the storm. I've been in storm mode since precip reached here and now it's time to explode. Oh well, the anticipation of the snow is killing me, but once I'm in it I should be happy it won't end in 6 hours.

Oh yeah, and pretty nice horizontal line of snow moving south. Might get puked on for first 10 minutes.

4315f95d43601b691f829ecec510dac4.png

I feel bipolar. Ten minutes and feeling pretty bad about the storm, and now I'm excited by that radar. Would look so cool to watch a sudden burst of heavy snow for the beginning of the storm. I've been in storm mode since precip reached here and now it's time to explode. Oh well, the anticipation of the snow is killing me, but once I'm in it I should be happy it won't end in 6 hours.

Oh yeah, and pretty nice horizontal line of snow moving south. Might get puked on for first 10 minutes.

4315f95d43601b691f829ecec510dac4.png

it doesnt have to be all or nothing.  this could be an underperformer overall, but still get into a few heavy bands.  which i think will probably be true for your location.

***Weenie Suicide Warning in effect for the NYC area until this storm does actually get its act together***

NYC area may not be totally dead yet, certainly LI does very well still.  Every short range model and model trend since the last NAM pointed to this coming.  Miller B's are rough (and i also wonder how much that enhanced snow in central and western PA impacted us here).

Archived