• Created
  • Last Reply

...A WINTER STORM WILL IMPACT PORTIONS OF OUR AREA THROUGH

TUESDAY MORNING...

.THE HIGH IMPACT SNOWSTORM AFFECTING SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND AND LONG

ISLAND WILL PROBABLY END UP ABOUT 90 MILES EAST OF OUR FORECAST

AREA. IT WILL HAVE SPARED EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA AND MUCH OF NEW

JERSEY. THE COASTAL AREAS OF NEW JERSEY...ESPECIALLY MONMOUTH AND

OCEAN COUNTIES...MAY STILL GET SUBSTANTIAL SNOW THIS MORNING.

BANDS OF SNOW WILL AFFECT MUCH OF THE THE AREA INCLUDING THE I-95

CORRIDOR THIS MORNING.

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EST THIS

AFTERNOON...

...WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER

WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT

UNTIL 3 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON. THE WINTER STORM WARNING HAS BEEN

CANCELLED.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW WITH AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 4 INCHES.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL DUE TO SNOW AT TIMES AND AREAS OF

BLOWING AND DRIFTING.

* WINDS...NORTH 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.

Instructions: A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

Target Area:

Eastern Montgomery

Lower Bucks

Philadelphia

Upper Bucks

Western Montgomery

Yes 5-8" is still possible for us with ratios. I think we will hit 12:1 easily. There isn't much wind so ratios should be great, myb even a bit higher than 12-1. 4-8" is a decent call for us, but I think 3-6" is more of a safe bet.

0Z EC says be happy with your 1-2" :P

At this point no one probably cares but the 0Z EC caved incredibly.

I think most of us are still trying to pull the knives out of our back... I refuse to call the EURO the king anymore. Horrendous bust. It's a good model but it is so over-hyped and people need to stop treating it like it is a vastly superior model that is correct even when it is an outlier amongst all model guidance. If it was any other model besides the EURO showing these high snow amounts, no one would have batted and eye discounting it as an outlier. It just goes to show you how important a consensus is; also, koodos to the short term models for showing this potential for the heavy precip not making it to us, that was the writing on the wall for this storm.

Incredible, I don't think I've ever seen the EC be off by more than an inch in qpf 24 hours out. Hard to blame the forecasters, though hopefully a lesson learned not to throw out these highest totals with only one model in support. A blend of the models would have still been a little high but way more reasonable.

id be ticked if I still lived on the central jersey shore. the euro is usually golden when it shows a huge hit for several runs in a row right up until the event. very surprised it failed so miserably. feel bad for yall up there in nj that were hoping for a monster that seemed so likely

The Euro had no support for its crazy solution.  None.  This close in it should have had *something*.  When the Euro finally backed off significantly (but not enough) this morning, the NAM stepped in, so once again, it was one model against the world. 

I was very surprised when so many people bought it hook, line and sinker on Sunday...

yea,,,,,I was so close to booking a flight back home but had that gut feeling it maybe a close miss to the northeast so bailed out on it. so glad I did. that 18z nam run made me regret my decision but in the end it was the right move

Just posted this in the NYC forum - figured I'd try here, also...

Anyone have any idea why they still have blizzard warnings up for the eastern NJ counties, including Middlesex, where I live?  Thought the snow was mostly over - they're still expecting 8-12" more apparently (the point and click has 3-7" overnight and 3-5" tomorrow morning).  We're finally getting light snow, but haven't seen any decent snow since 7 pm.  This was issued around the same time as the reduced snowfall map showing my area in 10-14" - wtih 4-5" on the ground now that would be 6-10" more - I've been thinking I'd be happy to get 2-4" more.  Anyone?  Bueller?  

MIDDLESEX-WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-OCEAN-COASTAL OCEAN-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NEW BRUNSWICK...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...JACKSON...LONG BEACH ISLAND1227 AM EST TUE JAN 27 2015...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THISEVENING...* HAZARD TYPES...HEAVY SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS CAUSING  CONSIDERABLE BLOWING AND DRIFTING.* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...8 TO 12 INCHES.* TIMING...THE BRUNT OF THE STORM LOOKS TO OCCUR OVER THE NEXT 4  TO 6 HOURS...WITH SNOWFALL RATES OF 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR ARE  ANTICIPATED. STEADY SNOWS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE AFTERNOON.

On air Mets/(TV personalities) are indirectly trying to explain we have nothing....then they go to the reporters in the car/side of the road....again nothing. Philly schools off! Score one for the kids!

Listening to KYW and CBS3 met has termed it a "wild card" - the appearance of a dry slot in the storm that reduced totals.

Just watching the radar overnight, you could see the narrow wrap-around bands start to disintegrate as they crossed Jersey and rolled around SW into PA.

I asked Hurricane if he had even seen the Euro jump on a storm as drastically the epic 12Z run a few days ago and he mentioned March 2001 - always had that in back of mind as the snow totals on the models kept dropping. One thing for sure is I'll never bite on a Miller B again, no matter how historic until confirmed by radar. @#$R Miller Bs. 

I asked Hurricane if he had even seen the Euro jump on a storm as drastically the epic 12Z run a few days ago and he mentioned March 2001 - always had that in back of mind as the snow totals on the models kept dropping. One thing for sure is I'll never bite on a Miller again, no matter how historic until confirmed by radar. @#$R Miller Bs. 

Bolaris gets his revenge?  

I feel like Even Stephen. I was expecting 1"-2" with Friday's storm with a quick change over to rain, but ended up with about 5". I was hoping for 4"-6" with this storm, but will probably end up with 2" when it's all said and done. So...

One over-performer, one under-performer, guess it all evens out.

Archived