Newest Member
    joxey
1/27 Winter Storm - Round 3 - Discussion Thread

Heisy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeeze the GFS just up and left

Forward advance on radar seems to be slowing.

I have completely jumped ship. I knew in my gut that this would be a 2001 redux since 12z today I was just trying to tell myself I was being pessimistic. On NBC philly they are saying how the heavy snow in TTN has been difficult to deal with and Mercer County is getting the brunt of the storm :axe:  Meanwhile their reporter is standing in only an inch of snow haha. At this point I think 2-4" for TTN is a very generous call, wouldn't be surprised to see about an inch. I don't think these bands make it very far past Monmouth County.

I thought we all understood (i mean on here, anyway) that this was definitely a possibility.   This is just the way Miller B's are, and there was never a time all of the models were lined up giving us a big event.   It is still a disappointment, of course, but this was always on the table

I have completely jumped ship. I knew in my gut that this would be a 2001 redux since 12z today I was just trying to tell myself I was being pessimistic. On NBC philly they are saying how the heavy snow in TTN has been difficult to deal with and Mercer County is getting the brunt of the storm :axe:  Meanwhile their reporter is standing in only an inch of snow haha. At this point I think 2-4" for TTN is a very generous call, wouldn't be surprised to see about an inch. I don't think these bands make it very far past Monmouth County.

Well...I don't see Hurricane on NBC10 11pm coverage (so far)...

Now I realize he is rarely on at 11 but I don't think he should have let Sheena go it alone...

I suspect had it been raging snow out there we'd have seen him at 11.

Don't get me wrong, he IS my favorite Philly tv met!!

Well...I don't see Hurricane on NBC10 11pm coverage (so far)...

Now I realize he is rarely on at 11 but I don't think he should have let Sheena go it alone...

I suspect had it been raging snow out there we'd have seen him at 11.

Don't get me wrong, he IS my favorite Philly tv met!!

We had more snow on Saturday even after it rained on it. It's been 14 years since we had a bust this bad.

NWS just made a post on fb, still expecting 4-6/6-8 in the LV. Either they still see this coming more west, or they are backing off in increments instead of all at once .

Sent from my iPhone

Stepping amounts down; we did not want to completely bail yet.

Stepping amounts down; we did not want to completely bail yet.

this is not meant as a critique at all, but the signs are there to bail, is it just considered too extreme to do so that fast, even if that is what the forecasters believe will happen?   I'm genuinely curious as to what goes on w/r/t the thought process when a clear "bust" is apparent.    On a side note, this was such a tough forecast, I don't envy your position here one bit.

Archived