joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of funny that the NWS says "snow...may be heavy at times after midnight" and then the accumulation is only an inch. Unless that inch of snow falls in 30-45 minutes, it's not heavy. If the NWS has 1-3 inches in a forecast period (12 hours), that should be considered light snow.

Unless there are some short bands of heavy snow which significantly reduce visibility and make driving hazardous.

Down in NY it always looked more front end. As the storm creeped NW that also entered into our picture. If it was further SE it would be more a function of a wrapped up CCB.

The storm definitely looks different than it did about 60-72h ago. Much faster now. Originally this thing went into late Sat night and early Sun morning.

The storm definitely looks different than it did about 60-72h ago. Much faster now. Originally this thing went into late Sat night and early Sun morning.

Yeah. I have been startled as far as how this thing has sped up. Like Jerry said, this jet means business

Radar looks good. Been a while since I have seen it like that. I really am interested to see where that Ccb sets up

Archived