Newest Member
    joxey
Possible Weekend Snowstorm, Jan 24 2015

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grade school paste just smeared all over the trees.. Crashing, thrashing

Yeah good luck...can be real damaging even in winter.  The December cut-off condo crusher up here resulted in the largest weather related power outages in Vermont, even more than the historic 1998 Ice Storm and Hurricane Irene.  You get 12"+ of 5:1 or 7:1 snow and its going to cause some problems.

Eh that model can jump around quite a bit.  It did it several times in the last event up here.  One run it was 1.8" QPF, the next it was 0.75", then it was 1.2", then 0.5", etc.  Its still a Canadian model ;)

I'd like to rely on it, but that made me a little uneasy now. In euro we trust.

I'd like to rely on it, but that made me a little uneasy now. In euro we trust.

I know QPF is the worst scoring skill of the models, but I think the EURO has this one for you guys.  No reason not to trust it through its track record over long term.  Though remember the last event, the EURO completely shat the bed with QPF here (it had 1.4-1.6" 12 hours out that verified 0.6" at MVL) on that needle threader when I had my last minute QPF queen worries.

Not if the Euro is right..If it's not..then i will. No harm no foul either way.

Congrats everyone

StormTotalSnowRange.png

That's precisely the scenario I presented in my response to Chris.

Boston gets an advisory, everywhere west gets a warning

There's a lot of territory out west that's in an advisory.  Ironically, the places it usually snows:  Franklin County/western Hamphire/western Hampden.

I know QPF is the worst scoring skill of the models, but I think the EURO has this one for you guys.  No reason not to trust it through its track record over long term.  Though remember the last event, the EURO completely shat the bed with QPF here (it had 1.4-1.6" 12 hours out that verified 0.6" at MVL) on that needle threader when I had my last minute QPF queen worries.

Well the low track shifted SE too. But, you also need the dynamics to help offset warmth aloft. It's possible to have the storm shift SE, but temps aloft might be a hair warmer without the good lift.  It's a delicate balance. 

BOX has been hitting power outages hard..I'd hope your local media outlets hit it hard tonight as we're going to see a good deal of outages..You slap 6-10 inches of Elmers onto the trees and lines..problems will abound..see Tgiving

NWS Boston ‏@NWSBoston  18m

[4p] Winter Wx Headlines & amounts posted. Heavy snow banding expected Sat. aftn - eve

B8EJPLACEAAGycP.jpg
B8EJPMpCEAAPaDG.jpg
B8EJPMlCQAAWagy.jpg

•  

Looks like a snowy Saturday evening on the back end for EMA across the suite.

Scott, what are you thinking for our neck of the woods? Seems like we're kinda on the border of things.

Definitely a nice parting gift too as Will Said.

Bryan, real tough. Could see 2" or 6" LOL. Early guess..maybe 2-4.  However RGEM and GFS argue more.

Archived